Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By MatthieuTofu
  • 2 Post By Plutark

PLA chopper goes down at country park

Closed Thread

Let's hope the crew are OK

It was quite foggy today with low ceilings.

The Security Bureau said in a statement on Tuesday that it'd received a report from the local PLA garrison about the crash the day before.
    Quite apart from the quality of writing that makes it sound the PLA told the secuirty bureau that it would crash the helicopter soon, what the article says is that it crashed on Monday afternoon

BUT the media only reported on it after it got a statement from the Security Bureau. I wonder if there was (and still is) a gag order on the severity of the crash.

According to the statement, no local resident was injured and no homes were damaged.
    Can't help but wonder because of the specificity of this statement whether any other people were injured or building structures damaged. I wouldn't imagine there to be many local residents in a country park, nor homes. Whereas, a WFH hiker or a rest pavilion or public toilet are clear alternative possibilities.

Anyone know what kind of chopper it was? As in the specific model?

Mefisto likes this.

of course they won't report how many people died in the crash since the PLA is invicible and are the best army in the world. So they can't die!

ThatOneGuy and MatthieuTofu like this.

Just how wild are country parks that no bushwhacking hiker hasn't found the location and sold pictures to Apple Daily?

I could give the PLA press office a call but I think I know what the reply will be.