Like Tree78Likes

Covid19: 04/07 (Tue) - HK News

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

https://twitter.com/rthk_enews/statu...430530567?s=20

"Of course every piece of legislation must be enforced properly, and that’s why starting from yesterday the law enforcement authorities issued penalty tickets with the powers given under the regulation," said Lam as she met the media before this week's Executive Council meeting.

Officers issued the HK$2,000 notices under the emergency regulations introduced to help prevent local outbreaks of the coronavirus.

The first batch of social distancing measures was announced in late-March, and included limiting the number of people who can gather in public to just four, with offenders liable to a fine of up to HK$25,000 and six months in prison.

When asked by a reporter if the authorities would consider introducing more measures, such as making it mandatory for the public to wear face masks, Lam said that she has been in touch with members of an expert advisory panel, adding: "We have to consider the data and the development of the epidemic."

Cnbc interviewed a couple of F&B owners..

Hong Kong businesses survived the city's protests. Coronavirus pandemic may be their breaking point -

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/07/hong...ing-point.html

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    That implies people flying in from.overseas (Peru) are not self isolating. Is that what you mean? Or just cases from the actual flight?
    Those were cases from flight. From what I could make out from presser yesterday, they were kept at Asia World expo after returning. I am not sure about testing numbers and any further actions on them.

...that’s why starting from yesterday the law enforcement authorities issued penalty tickets with the powers given under the regulation," said Lam
    If the 'authorIties' simply waited on any popular hiking trail they would run out of penalty tickets soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Can anyone else confirm if other locations - Central to be specific are closed too?
    Kinwick is closed - just walked by there wanting to get some cookies.
    Last edited by Doydbadyerd; 07-04-2020 at 03:18 PM. Reason: added information

Quote Originally Posted by Tyresmoke:
    If the 'authorIties' simply waited on any popular hiking trail they would run out of penalty tickets soon enough.
    Very true. We hiked yesterday to avoid the crowds. Trails deserted. Having said that I have yet to see any evidence of spread from outdoor moving events - without anyone spending much time in anyone elses face. Is there any? I wonder this when I see tickets being given for sunbathing in parks in the UK... If there is no objective risk it seems daft.

I wonder this when I see tickets being given for sunbathing in parks in the UK... If there is no objective risk it seems daft.
    I thought the same, then re-considered... whatever they've done that they really shouldn't have been doing, they'll have touched stuff and potentially deposited airborne droplets on stuff they wouldn't otherwise have touched or infected (even the grass around them as they lay and talked/ played together).

After they've gone, someone else thinks "that's a great spot" and touches the same stuff...

A bit flakey, I'll grant you, but better to be over-cautious and stay safe right now, from my perspective anyway.

Very true. We hiked yesterday to avoid the crowds. Trails deserted. Having said that I have yet to see any evidence of spread from outdoor moving events - without anyone spending much time in anyone elses face. Is there any? I wonder this when I see tickets being given for sunbathing in parks in the UK... If there is no objective risk it seems daft.
    And how do they get to and from the park? How many people do they pass on the way?

With a recent pay rise -- ironically, when the rampant virus is leaving many Hongkongers jobless -- Carrie's annual salary of 5.21 million HKD is now amongst one of the highest paid in the world amongst political leaders. Okay, kudos to Madam. But I can't figure it out what makes her "eligible" for the pay-rise?" Other than REJECTING requests/calls/voices/pleas of her fellow citizens, what has she done?

https://amp.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...-pay-rise-amid

Baklava and Mrs. Jones like this.

Lettuce keep things in perspective... warriors?

https://twitter.com/JeromeTaylor/sta...35465822580736