Like Tree78Likes

Covid19: 04/07 (Tue) - HK News

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I wonder this when I see tickets being given for sunbathing in parks in the UK... If there is no objective risk it seems daft.
    I don’t think there really is a risk in a few people sunbathing but the problem is if you allow a few then it is seen to be ok and the whole lockdown becomes unviable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    walked through Tsing Yi mall on Sunday, it was heaving! Why fine 6 people playing chess and yet allow the masses to go shopping?
    Reading between the lines of the article on rthk, I think these lads had been caught/accused of gambling in the past. Hard to prove that though unless you monitor them for ages. A group gamble near where I run. Sometimes as many as 50+
    Occasionally the police show up and they just toss the cards in a bush and disperse. This gave police a reasonable excuse to exact a little payback on a nuisance crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I think everyone without exception is happy the numbers have stayed under control. I worry about someone who would think otherwise.
    Wait until the numbers come right down (in any given place) and all the excuses come out as to why the current measures must absolutley not be lifted/Infact should be tightened even more.

Quite looking forward to seeing the mental gymnastics behind it all.

Original Post Deleted
    Not ‘airborne’ as such. From what I have read it is carried in droplets exhaled through sneezing and coughing. Maybe heavy breathing (jogging for example) or loud talking (quite a common feature from locals and Americans!) The largest droplets will fall, smaller May hang in the air for a longer time.

So in the open air it seems to be acceptable that keeping a reasonable distance is acceptable (2 metres being the thing in UK)

yes ‘stay at home’ is the thing in the UK but not in Hong Kong, My wife is required by her employer to go in to work everyday even though she could easily do the same work remotely. The journey to work on a crowded bus and MTR is the dangerous bit.

We are happy to go for a hike in the hills and if I see someone coming my way I make sure I give a much space between us as possible.

The rest of the time wear masks, distance, wash hands after every journey or public place where we might have touched something, be hyper careful.

yes stay at home is probably the safest option but not always possible or desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72:
    Wait until the numbers come right down (in any given place) and all the excuses come out as to why the current measures must absolutley not be lifted/Infact should be tightened even more.

Quite looking forward to seeing the mental gymnastics behind it all.
    You are a very sad person.

"It’s my first time to come to China. Many friends and relatives have earned a lot of money so I had planned to come and buy clothes, shoes and then sell them in Nigeria. Now the only thing I want is to go home but there are no flights.”

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6