Like Tree24Likes

Covid-19: 04/07 (Tue) - Global News

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Seen on BBC News at 10, some quite sobering facts if you male and overweight, from ICU COVID19 admissions in UK.

Why this might be happening, and highlighting the importance of maintaining accurate data with regards to biological sex (which is currently not happening in some Western countries because of policy capture by lobbyists) :

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a9451271.html
    The typical American male has a BMI of 29 just short of obesity. So 73% of males going into ICU with covid19 are typical? What percentage of the population have a BMI over 25?

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Seen on BBC News at 10, some quite sobering facts if you male and overweight, from ICU COVID19 admissions in UK.

Why this might be happening, and highlighting the importance of maintaining accurate data with regards to biological sex (which is currently not happening in some Western countries because of policy capture by lobbyists) :
    Almost there

Name:  Screenshot_20200408-083929.png
Views: 146
Size:  164.8 KB
    HK_Katherine likes this.

For east asians BMI 25 is already way too heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72:
    Hold on....73% of all people in intensive care with covid19 have a BMI over 25? Oh wow. Where to start with this.

Edit: allow me to the preempt the usual suspects - no, it's not muscle in these cases.
    Oh no and with gyms closed I’m going to struggle with this one [emoji1]

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Interesting results. I lifted this off a post on FB but seems legit. Will track down the original if I can.

Really surprised how well India did in this survey... despite reported zero-notice lockdowns, its population seems to think that it's government responded well.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Almost there

I think I'm at least a year away based on my graph LOL. I was happy when it went below 30 a few weeks back!

Original Post Deleted
    It seems worldwide most people have got the message, more than politicians give them credit for.
    AsianXpat0 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    While that may be true he us in full blame mode: WHO, Governors, Mayors, other countries.
    The lack of centralised co-ordination is shocking.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4