Like Tree13Likes

Are you wearing your mask inside out?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Are you wearing your mask inside out?

Just another post about the legendary MASK stuff. It's not , however, about "whether to wear it or not". I

Even before the damn coronavirus pandemic started, I used to see people wear a mask inside out ,that's to say, the white (inner surface) would be facing outward. I was bemused and amused at the same time. And then, I found out that the reason is - when you're sick, the white surface gives you more protection against germs by exposing it outward.

Ridiculous! I thought. But since, I'm not a virologist, or an epidemiologist (or a maskologist) I never questioned the " authenticity" of an inside out worn mask. Having come from a medical background, I do intervene when necessary but not in cases, where I do not have any valid supportive argument.

Do you think, this "inside out" thing actually works?

Doesn't it depend on the type of mask? Some are white on both sides.

MatthieuTofu, Hkemail888 and aw451 like this.

Are you referring to surgical masks?

Some are white on both sides. So, unless you take off their masks, it's hard to tell. Some masks have their ear loops sewed to outside and some to inside. Some masks have folds facing downwards (most of them) and some foreign ones face upwards.

I'm referring to the green/blue surgical mask in general.

I also see some people put on masks and pull down on to below chin or below nose. But not a majority, but they do standout.

hannah01 likes this.

They are not going into surgery, they can wear their masks any way they want.

Does this answer your query? (Annex I)

https://www.chp.gov.hk/files/pdf/use_mask_properly.pdf

Original Post Deleted
    Exactly, I wanted to know the source from where they found it.
    Last edited by hannah01; 21-04-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebi the shrimp:
    They are not going into surgery, they can wear their masks any way they want.
    Anyway they want, eh? You might as well make a hole in the middle because it's the way you like it. Then, the purpose of masks would be irrelevant.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast