View Poll Results: Will you go the cinema, gums, bars, beauty and massage parlours?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck yeah, I will be the first in line!

18 51.43%
  • Maybe, depends on the particular cinema, gym or bar.

9 25.71%
  • Undecided

1 2.86%
  • Maybe not immediately, I will need to see their virus prevention policies first.

3 8.57%
  • Absolutely not!

4 11.43%
Like Tree46Likes

Will you go to all the currently shutdown outlets when the ban is lifted?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Much as I like and miss a social beer or 5 I think I can wait another 2-3 weeks before hitting the bars. S Korea has already found that lifting restrictions too early may have been a mistake.

I have no problem with the unwind and opening but I’ll let others be the guinea pigs.
    Guinea Pigs have been well tested. Bars like Brotziet and the Old Monk remained open throughout and were busy any night I was in. The day before Buddha's birthday Brotziet was so busy they opened the upstairs and basically gave up on spacing tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    I had a brief glance on the movies on offer, doesn't seem like there is anything that pops up that interests me. Usually May is the start of the summer blockbuster season, but ths year, thanks to the pandemic, many major Hollywood releases are cancelled. Still, the experience of watching the huge cinema screen with surround sound can't be replicated at home. So there's that.
    Well it was rather surreal. About 2 /3 seats barricaded with ribbons. Masks mandatory. No food or drink allowed!
    Coolboy likes this.

Will you go to all the currently shutdown outlets when the ban is lifted?

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-52601754

This is why I won’t be hurrying back.

For having no business a lot of places surely lack good promotions. Especially hotels, at 90% vacancy rate the price for a room should be the cleaning costs. Plenty of places still charging $3000+ per night while bitching about business being bad.

Coolboy and shri like this.

Original Post Deleted
    That's exactly what "cleaning costs" is. Housekeeping isn't a variable cost only in most places. Of course there are other costs associated with a guest stay, but I didn't think I'd have to submit a detailed cost analysis to complain about the still high prices. The nicer hotels are still charging their usual rates while simultaneously having no business. Their isn't even an attempt to cover any of their cost with cheaper offers.

Much as I like and miss a social beer or 5 I think I can wait another 2-3 weeks before hitting the bars. S Korea has already found that lifting restrictions too early may have been a mistake.

I have no problem with the unwind and opening but I’ll let others be the guinea pigs.
    The deep blue economy has not stopped and many bars that serve food have soldiered on

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    That's exactly what "cleaning costs" is. Housekeeping isn't a variable cost only in most places. Of course there are other costs associated with a guest stay, but I didn't think I'd have to submit a detailed cost analysis to complain about the still high prices. The nicer hotels are still charging their usual rates while simultaneously having no business. Their isn't even an attempt to cover any of their cost with cheaper offers.
    I suspect I would go for a staycation if rates were cheaper. Given employment law in HK I suspect variable costs in HK are pretty variable for things like housekeeping.

I met about 8 people total in all trips to massage, facial, pedicure (during massage was in a private room in one case, and close to only 1 person in the other case)- if those 8 people are positive...I am screwed. Otherwise, I'm good to go...was so worth it, I feel so relaxed, best Mother's Day/birthday present ever.

HK_Katherine likes this.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-52601754

This is why I won’t be hurrying back.
    They never had zero community cases did they?
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    I suspect I would go for a staycation if rates were cheaper.
    Same here, and so would other residents I think. Already having a place to sleep here, I would need some nice offers to consider it though. But most hotels I have checked out have no good offers, most "promotions" are actually charged full price or close to it.
    HK_Katherine likes this.