Like Tree323Likes

Wed 27th May - Protests / Strikes

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

@MABinPengChau Peng Chau protest tomorrow? Unlikely to be media there to pick up on the foreign influence.

For me, "striking" isn't really meaningful. My grading still has to be done! Feeling frustrated I don't see a way to help.

AsianXpat0 and Greghouse like this.

So what time are the protests going to start. I forgot to get my laptop back home and i need to work tomorrow. Is it good idea to go to work early and bring back my laptop and WFH. Please suggest, i’m nervous ������
    Commute will be from Kennedy town to North Point and back.

Quote Originally Posted by tura:
    So what time are the protests going to start. I forgot to get my laptop back home and i need to work tomorrow. Is it good idea to go to work early and bring back my laptop and WFH. Please suggest, i’m nervous ������
    If you have 24/7 card access to your building - I would get the laptop now, rather than wait for tomorrow.

During previous protests, trains were disrupted very early (5am-6am) on the Island line. The cross harbour lines were very bad. Not every day though, island was less affected than some of the other lines.

Trying to get through central by tram was a mess due to road blockages. You can walk (when you get stuck) -> maybe 50 minutes, but no guarantee wrt to tear gas barrages on surface streets.

North Point and Fortress hill did have people in white roaming with sticks (blue ribbons) around as well. Supposed Fujian (sp?) chaps. Plus the police. You may get caught up in a three way battle if you are walking.

Me - walking from North to Taikoo tomorrow morning. Stopped riding on trains due to Covid and I need the exercise...
    Last edited by jimbo_jones; 26-05-2020 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Tomorrow may be messy. Suggest you use the Ding Ding to get there. Other forms of transport will probably be closed by the Police.
    Be Flexible and don't suggest HK Police is a corrupted force who don't understand the concept of the Rule of Law
    Don't wear white, don't wear black (and maybe not blue or yellow). No China, American or UK flags either... You may want strong safety goggles (not sure if the police still use the rubber or 'foam' bullets) - a few people losing eyes. But the googles may draw attention to yourself... Best to choose another day.
    LifeInHK likes this.

Take the 18X bus route which will take the bypass if anything goes wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Take the 18X bus route which will take the bypass if anything goes wrong...
    Yes i take that bus every day. Was just wondering if it might be cancelled tomorrow morning. Well i’ll have to go and find out i guess 😀
    Somehow I feel mtr will be safer as the roads might be blocked, wat say?

Yes i take that bus every day. Was just wondering if it might be cancelled tomorrow morning. Well i’ll have to go and find out i guess ������
    Somehow I feel mtr will be safer as the roads might be blocked, wat say?

Yeah, wouldn't suggest the 18x. It does bypass Admiralty, but right out of the tunnel it goes through Central, which could also have problems.

Original Post Deleted
    Quite a few riot vans out in central already.

juanalias and Tyresmoke like this.

shri likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast