Like Tree46Likes

HK Protests & Politics: June 2020 News

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Regina Ip gives a fiery but as usual ineffective interview to DW on the protests, HK police brutality and the national security law. Ip may think her red guard-style "performance" at the interview will endear herself in the eyes of Beijing, but what she fails to realize is how this would make Hong Kong and China look in the eyes of the international community. She appears borderline rabid and crazed, as if in the throes of some Maoist Cultural Revolution mania. She may not care as she take her orders from Beijing, but I'm afraid any international audience watching her can only conclude the pro-establisment are nutters and there is no way anyone with independent thought can be sympathetic or understanding of her stance:

Sadly they don't seem to be willing to consider the cost of this more until everyone takes their money to Singapore, at which point their fortunes will be decided by the end of Hong Kong's economic relevance.

Hope they enjoy a minor bit part in the party hierarchy, especially after there is less cost to applying Western sanctions to party members or China more broadly.
    Coolboy likes this.

Is it just me, or does CL look more and more like a ventriloquist dummy in this video?

https://twitter.com/hongkongfp/statu...735218176?s=21

Coolboy likes this.

Regina Ip gives a fiery but as usual ineffective interview to DW on the protests, HK police brutality and the national security law. Ip may think her red guard-style "performance" at the interview will endear herself in the eyes of Beijing, but what she fails to realize is how this would make Hong Kong and China look in the eyes of the international community. She appears borderline rabid and crazed, as if in the throes of some Maoist Cultural Revolution mania. She may not care as she take her orders from Beijing, but I'm afraid any international audience watching her can only conclude the pro-establisment are nutters and there is no way anyone with independent thought can be sympathetic or understanding of her stance:

Shame DW doesn't have an audience then.

"Violence by rioters has escalated, with illegal firearms and explosives posing a terrorist threat," she claimed.

Indeed, there has been so many people injured by bombs and firearms by protesters. The tally is at an astronomical 0. So many people also have been arrested for planting bombs and possession of firearms, I think that tally is about the same: 0

Conveniently though in the run up to introducing the law, police were brilliant enough to find several of them but sadly not competent enough to apprehend any of those violent terrorists..

I would say she is losing credibility but there is none left to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by prospectiveHKer:
    Sadly they don't seem to be willing to consider the cost of this more until everyone takes their money to Singapore, at which point their fortunes will be decided by the end of Hong Kong's economic relevance.

Hope they enjoy a minor bit part in the party hierarchy, especially after there is less cost to applying Western sanctions to party members or China more broadly.

Good grief! People discussing capital flight to Singapore before they've even ordered their tea at Deli France in Chek Lap Kok!
    civil_servant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72:
    Shame DW doesn't have an audience then.
    You don't think DW has an audience?

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72:
    Good grief! People discussing capital flight to Singapore before they've even ordered their tea at Deli France in Chek Lap Kok!
    Does it count as rapid integration?
    shri likes this.

I got as far as: (13:46 in)
    "And a lot of police brutality as well?"
    "You are joking. Not a single citizen has been mortally wounded by our police force. On the other hand, in the past week, three police officers have died of exhaustion, after off duty."
    Argh...
    Coolboy likes this.

Is there something going on at Victoria Park?

https://twitter.com/jmulich/status/1272758128837160960

@eIIe Thanks - was just about to answer my own question.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast