View Poll Results: Who will be arrested under the new National Security Laws?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jimmy Lai

15 31.91%
  • Martin Lee

1 2.13%
  • Lee Cheuk-yan

2 4.26%
  • Joshua Wong

24 51.06%
  • Shri

23 48.94%
  • Wu Chi-wai

1 2.13%
  • Cardinal Zen

1 2.13%
  • Avery Ng

0 0%
  • Benny Tai

3 6.38%
  • Anyone running for LegCo

2 4.26%
  • Any of the Above

8 17.02%
  • The Bomb makers

3 6.38%
  • The Foreigner Protest Financiers

4 8.51%
  • No one

1 2.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree93Likes

Who will be the first to be netted by the National Security Law?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

https://twitter.com/krislc/st...99768729169920

“They wanted to charge forward, but I yelled at them: ‘You’d better remember my face. Even your boss has to pour me tea when he sees me. Hit me if you dare.’”
    Tang knew his threat worked because he knew many of those men in white shirts, and those men knew that he dined with their bosses regularly.
    The gang spared Tang, but they didn’t stop chasing others. Two civilians were unable to escape from the attack. Another group in white shirts were attacking two taxis, one truck and a handful of private cars.
    At this moment, Tang witnessed about a hundred riot police officers walking pass the scene. “Nearly 100 policemen arrived at a slow pace, and they were waving at those men in white shirts. I saw that,” he said.
    Tang said from what he observed on that night, the gang of white shirts comprised triads, South Asians and middle-aged villagers from the area. He also claimed that the attack was “approved” by a mysterious, unknown force, and that the gang was given one hour “as long as they did not take any lives.”
    (Assuming the above is founded in fact)

Possibly those trying to tell the truth would be guilty of “subversion”...hence with no pre-NSL independent inquiry, now is the time, if ever...
    chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    We may also get those free holiday camps like they have in Xinjiang.
    Gallows humour floating around some faith communities these days to the effect that we no longer need to worry about securing seniors' housing or care home places because the all-wise and beneficient Uncle Winnie is delegating this task to trusted lieutenants ... single room and dormitory style will be allocated in gated communities.

I suspect those holiday camps will be reserved for the younger folks assumed not to be so set in their ways.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    https://twitter.com/krislc/st...99768729169920

(Assuming the above is founded in fact)

Possibly those trying to tell the truth would be guilty of “subversion”...hence with no pre-NSL independent inquiry, now is the time, if ever...
    It's from the Apple Daily, so it must be true. That's as trustworthy as The Daily Mail and Daily Express.
    dossier likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jw1701:
    will be interesting to see how many leave and popup in Taiwan as the new law comes into play and how many decide to be martyrs
    These are indeed interesting times. Sit back and enjoy the action.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrynField:
    It's from the Apple Daily, so it must be true. That's as trustworthy as The Daily Mail and Daily Express.
    Credibility discount assigned accordingly. Would you be surprised if it was true?
    ArrynField likes this.

Apple Daily actually have some quality scoops and investigative reporting... editorial-wise and celebrity scoop-wise it’s not everybody’s cup of tea. I guess it’s a bit like Sky News Australia, watchable by day, quite opinionated at night
    ArrynField, Gatts, Coolboy and 1 others like this.

These are indeed interesting times. Sit back and enjoy the action.
    What aspect will you be enjoying?

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Apple Daily actually have some quality scoops and investigative reporting... editorial-wise and celebrity scoop-wise it’s not everybody’s cup of tea. I guess it’s a bit like Sky News Australia, watchable by day, quite opinionated at night
    There used to be more "respectable alternatives" to the Apple Daily that also leaned pro-democrat. But one by one, they were taken over by pro-establishment leaning forces. Apart from online media, there isn't any printed media that is really non pro-establishment now apart from the Apple Daily.

https://hk.sports.appledaily.com/loc...4AEVFCEPKZKQY/

Sorry I couldn't find the equivalent news in English. According to Wang Dan (student activist back in 1989), Jimmy Lai and Joshua Wong will be arrested on July 1st according to his sources (foreign reporters based in BJ). Wang Dan has informed both of them of this update, and both said they will not leave Hong Kong. Jimmy Lai has also been tailed 24/7 for the past two weeks.
    Baklava and MatthieuTofu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by junichitsuyo:
    https://hk.sports.appledaily.com/loc...4AEVFCEPKZKQY/

Sorry I couldn't find the equivalent news in English. According to Wang Dan (student activist back in 1989), Jimmy Lai and Joshua Wong will be arrested on July 1st according to his sources (foreign reporters based in BJ). Wang Dan has informed both of them of this update, and both said they will not leave Hong Kong. Jimmy Lai has also been tailed 24/7 for the past two weeks.
    Not surprising in Lai's case. For Joshua Wong, he might turn into a martyr. Rather than serve as a deterrent, he will serve as a ever-lasting symbol for the pro-democrats to rally around both in HK and the World.