Like Tree5Likes

27/06 - Increased police presence?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

27/06 - Increased police presence?

Is anyone else seeing a larger than usual police presence in their neighbourhood?

Saw several vans and cops of all sorts (traffic, regular and riot squad types) this evening in KT.

News only please... Plenty of other threads for rants.

The last time I saw cops in my neighborhood was when a neighbor died. Maybe they are there for you, the first hostile foreign force to be nabbed by the national security law.

It’s the same in causeway road and tai hang especially weekends. Spotted few vans around the restaurant/bar areas. Bit distressing.

Must be an island or Kennedy Town thing then.

Out in numbers at repulse bay earlier. Everyone got a ticket lol.

jrkob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    Out in numbers at repulse bay earlier. Everyone got a ticket lol.
    Yes the traffic and foot patrols where ruthlessly ticketing in KT and the riot squad were standing around giving people intimidating looks.
    LifeInHK likes this.

I heard of stop and searches of younger people for no apparent reason at Wong Tai Sin MTR earlier in the afternoon if that’s useful.

A few vans circulent CWB earlier this afternoon. Nothing else so far on my side.

I left Tai Koo Shing on a bus and when we went past Sai Wan Ho, I saw at least 10 popo walk towards Tai On Building direction (where a protester was shot), these popo were dressed differently, like the ones you see out in the country parks, they also had large amounts of zip ties at their waists.

shri likes this.

Indian looking man stopped and having bag searched in Admiralty STN last night at 7.00pm. only took 7 police (blue uniforms) to do it though!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast