Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MatthieuTofu

Covid-19: Hygiene issues

Closed Thread

Covid-19: Hygiene issues

IMO a lot of the restaurants just put up some bullsihit plastic or cardboard panel thats at about eye level. It ain't gonna block anything airborne. And there is practically no social distancing in supermarkets, malls and on streets. You even have more and more people walking dogs without masks on.

Last edited by RMDNC; 09-07-2020 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    New regulations announced by Professor Sophia Chan, Secretary for Food and Health effective July 11 (Saturday) at 0001hrs for 14 days:
    Restaurants can operate up to 60% of capacity
    No more than 8 person per table (Restaurants)
    No more than 4 person per table (Bars)
    Karaoke, Party Rooms and Gyms cannot allow more than 8 persons per room
    Nightclubs can only operate at 60% capacity
    It does no good when the tables are adjacent to each other seperated by only a cheap piece of posterboard that goes up to eye level. Ever walk past a Cantonsese deli? Folks with masks dowm talking on phone, cutting meat without any gloves on, etc. Probably took a shat, touched multiple services, and didn't wash hands and cutting some oily bird for you while wiping his apron or tee shirt in lieu of a napkin or clean towel.

One point that I never understood in HK is why wear gloves when dealing with food etc... when you don’t even take them off to handle money. Might as well just use your bare hands.

junichitsuyo likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I like Cantonese food but I demand cleamliness. What's biting you?

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    One point that I never understood in HK is why wear gloves when dealing with food etc... when you don’t even take them off to handle money. Might as well just use your bare hands.
    Hot dog and other street food vendors in NYC do the same. Even encountered one guy who spit on his fingers to count the wad of dollar bills he had made thorught the day. In a different Asian country seen a guy polish his big knife by spitting on it. Five minutes later a customer bought the cake he was selling. That was disgustimg amd unforgetttable.