Like Tree19Likes

Covid-19: Random conversations

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    7,463

    Covid-19: Random conversations

    So how many cases are we looking at today? Any sign of a downward trend?


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    153
    Coolboy likes this.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    7,463
    Quote Originally Posted by jwyl:
    Is the government considering closing some of these loopholes for air crew, sailors and I don't know...these cross-border exemption "business people". Some doctors have contradicted the government saying it is precisely these loopholes that allowed the third wave to occur. But the government as usual is tone-deaf and does not listen. Do the number of cases have to rise to what Singapore experienced earlier (200-300 something per say) for the government to act? What does it take to shake some sense into Carrie Lam and her ilk?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Is the government considering closing some of these loopholes for air crew, sailors and I don't know...these cross-border exemption "business people". Some doctors have contradicted the government saying it is precisely these loopholes that allowed the third wave to occur. But the government as usual is tone-deaf and does not listen. Do the number of cases have to rise to what Singapore experienced earlier (200-300 something per say) for the government to act? What does it take to shake some sense into Carrie Lam and her ilk?
    Why should they consider that? Even the experts have not been able to show a single case that has been traced back to an exempted person. Exempted persons probably get tested more than the rest of the population.

    The spokesman pointed out that there had not been any confirmed cases of COVID-19 among exempted persons arriving from the Mainland, Macao and Taiwan.
    https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...htm?fontSize=1
    GentleGeorge likes this.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    7,463
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Why should consider that? Even the experts have not shown a single case that has been traced back to an exempted person.



    https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...htm?fontSize=1
    Why not? Ever heard of asymptomatic cases? Gabriel Leung said the the third wave likely triggered from imported cases or quarantine exemptions:

    https://fightcovid19.hku.hk/third-wa...u-expert-says/

    Leung said "the credible explanation was that the latest cases came from multiple imported infections in those previously exempted from quarantine and testing, such as sea and air crew members." This directly contradicts the government's assertion that exemptions were not the cause for the new outbreak.

    So why are you suddenly so pro-government?
    Last edited by Coolboy; 25-07-2020 at 04:05 PM.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    7,463
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    https://twitter.com/tripperhe...46519510204416



    How does pointing out that there has been no case linked to anyone who was exempt suddenly make me pro government? If that's the case, I have another pro government fact for you: People protesting against the coronavirus laboratory or quarantine facilities in their neighborhood are morons.
    I don't know what has gotten into you, as you have become so combative and pro-government. Does it have anything to do with someone beginning with "T"? No cases linked does not mean there are no actual cases. There is strong indication the third wave are imported and from the exemptions. That's what Dr. Gabriel Leung said. Now who do I trust more, an infectious medical expert or the HK government? You tell me. A government I remind you with a questionable governance record over the last year. Only a pro-government person would so stridently defend the HK government position.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    I don't know what has gotten into you, as you have become so combative and pro-government. Does it have anything to do with someone beginning with "T"? No cases linked does not mean there are no actual cases. There is strong indication the third wave are imported and from the exemptions. That's what Dr. Gabriel Leung said. Now who do I trust more, a infectious medical expert or the HK government? You tell me. A government I remind you with its questionable governance record over the last year. Only a pro-government person would so stridently defend the HK government position.
    Where are all the infected exempt persons? With the claimed 200,000 exemptions you'd think there would be a single case linked to an exempt person, but there isn't. Neither has there been an infected person that had a confirmed contact with an exempt person. Where are the cases running through all the Cathay pilots or infecting half of Park Island? Or are they and their family members or maids magically immune to the virus?
    Mr Chips likes this.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    7,463
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Where are all the infected exempt persons? With the claimed 200,000 exemptions you'd think there would be a single case linked to an exempt person, but there isn't. Neither has there been an infected person that had a confirmed contact with an exempt person. Where the cases ravaging the Cathay pilots or infecting half of Park Island? Or are they and their family members or maids magically immune to the virus?
    Why does it bother you so much that the third wave came from imported/exemption cases? Why does that idea offend your sensitivities? I'm sorry, but your behaviour is most strange. You don't happen to be an air crew, no? A CX or KA pilot perhaps? I'm not blaming any particular pilot or flight attendant, I am simply stating that they could be a possible source of transmission.

    Where do you think this third wave came from? Out of thin air? Gabriel Leung said clearly the third wave came from imported cases and exemption cases. Full-stop. Just because it can't be traced to any particular exempted person does not mean transmission is not happening. You do realize there can be someone from those on the exempted list slipping through the cracks right? Especially if you are talking about thousands and thousands of people here. Do you think Dr. Leung simply made that up?

    Furthermore, the genetic sequence reveals the third wave is most likely not from any residual transmission from the city's second wave in March. That is very strong evidence suggesting imported/exemption source for this third wave:

    The infectious disease expert also revealed another research finding that showed differences in the genetic sequence of some third wave cases, meaning they were most likely not residual transmissions from the city’s second wave of infections in March.

    Leung said the “working hypothesis” or credible explanation was that the latest cases came from multiple imported infections in those previously exempted from quarantine and testing, such as sea and air crew members.

    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ses-could-peak
    Last edited by Coolboy; 25-07-2020 at 05:24 PM.
    ThatOneGuy likes this.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Why does it bother you so much that the third wave came from imported/exemption cases? Why does that idea offend your sensitivities? I'm sorry, but your behaviour is most strange. You don't happen to be an air crew, no? A CX or KA pilot perhaps? I'm not blaming any particular pilot or flight attendant, I am simply stating that they could be a possible source of transmission.

    Where do you think this third wave came from? Out of thin air? Gabriel Leung said clearly the third wave came from imported cases and exemption cases. Full-stop. Just because it can't be traced to any particular exempted person does not mean transmission is not happening. You do realize there can be someone from those on the exempted list slipping through the cracks right? Especially if you are talking about thousands and thousands of people here. Do you think Dr. Leung simply made that up?

    Furthermore, the genetic sequence reveals the third wave is most likely not from any residual transmission from the city's second wave in March. That is very strong evidence suggesting imported/exemption source for this third wave:

    The infectious disease expert also revealed another research finding that showed differences in the genetic sequence of some third wave cases, meaning they were most likely not residual transmissions from the city’s second wave of infections in March.

    Leung said the “working hypothesis” or credible explanation was that the latest cases came from multiple imported infections in those previously exempted from quarantine and testing, such as sea and air crew members.

    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ses-could-peak
    Don't worry, Dr. #justtheflu will hopefully go by his word and shut the fuck up as he promised (months ago when he also called everyone fucking hypochondriacs) when deaths surpassed the seasonal flu, which is tomorrow and that's with mitigation we've never seen before on a global scale.
    Coolboy, MatthieuTofu and Flapster like this.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Hong Kong / London
    Posts
    7,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Why does it bother you so much that the third wave came from imported/exemption cases? Why does that idea offend your sensitivities? I'm sorry, but your behaviour is most strange. You don't happen to be an air crew, no? A CX or KA pilot perhaps? I'm not blaming any particular pilot or flight attendant, I am simply stating that they could be a possible source of transmission.
    Don't bother, he's just annoyed that he can't cross the border as frequently and conveniently as he used to be able to.
    Coolboy and Aramis like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast