Like Tree87Likes

Covid-19: DIning in till 6PM for 2 people per table

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    How about exercising in masks? Something likely to cause zero impact on transmission while reopening restaurants will actually cause transmission?
    I mean seriously... going on and on about having to wear masks while exercising... You like to talk about common sense? Use yours! If you don't have the emotional robustness to handle it, do like most people with a bit of common sense do. I saw loads of people exercising in uncrowded area, they either lowered their mask or took it off and the sky wasn't falling. I rode right past a cop without a mask and not even a glance. You think we're on the brink of the collapse of society because there's a rule about wearing mask outdoors and they didn't specify a precious exemption on exercising? Wow just wow... You better get out of HK because it looks like you'll be needing therapy

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Wow it only took 2 days of people eating outside in the rain for them to figure out it was a terrible idea . Our Govt. is well known for foreseeing the consequences of their policies after all.
    This is what a government that never has to face the consequences of incompetence looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by prospectiveHKer:
    This is what a government that never has to face the consequences of incompetence looks like.
    Very honestly - am glad they reversed. Regardless of the politics, care and competency issues at play.

They can spin it however the hell they want (DAB is going to take credit for this change!)... if it gets even one person away from having eat their lunch next to a literal shithole... I am ok with it.
    Flapster and Baklava like this.

It will change nothing from before by reducing to 2 people per table especially in all chinese restaurants which didnt respected already before the new rules before closing....they will still fully packed their restaurant with only small cartoon or pexiglass between tables....so means a big room with all people eating together...
    Be prepare to have long weeks of 3 digits daily cases

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    No one has dropped dead from running with a mask yet, don’t hold you breath for a policy reversal.
    It's a little onerous but not the end of the world. I dug out an old thin stretchy neck mask meant to keep dust down when MTN biking, it's not something you want to do a marathon in but once I was out of the village and going up into the park I pulled my nose out, then once I hit a steep hill had to pull it down to breath properly but then there was no one about, not a serious issue and keeps the sun off my neck.

At the start of July we had masks in hand, walked to bus stop, then put them on, now we put them on as soon as we leave the property as we did back in spring. Some folks need to get over themselves.

Much as I will be the first one eating in a restaurant (never there longer than 10 minutes, maybe fewer than 5 with no mask), I do think there will be more outbreaks. We have had many clusters linked to restaurants.

A better solution (that would never have happened) would have been to have spaces opened up for people like cleaners and construction workers- since the pandemic, I have seen places TAKE AWAY public seating, I guess to discourage helpers from congregating on their day off. But that would have taken serious planning, something this government is not up to doing. I mean, hell, the schools are closed, they could have cranked up the AC and let people eat there...but this is not a government with an ounce of original, creative thinking.

So, yes, there will be more outbreaks...they should limit time spent in a seat to 10-15 minutes- eat and open up for the next person, no playing on your phone for the next hour. Restaurants need higher turnover of tables to make a buck with 50 percent of tables shut down...

Sorry to disagree but it actually makes little sense to me.

Either you allow dining in all day or not at all. The 6pm magic time has zero logic.

Personally I’d keep the take out only option in place. Oh and much as I don’t like the full time mask requirement in public I’m abiding by it and by exactly the same token there should be NO exceptions to this except on medical grounds. By the way I exercise daily and am out of the house for several hours doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    A better solution (that would never have happened) would have been to have spaces opened up for people like cleaners and construction workers- since the pandemic, I have seen places TAKE AWAY public seating, I guess to discourage helpers from congregating on their day off
    This is a very good point as there isn't exactly an abundance of public seating in HK to begin with, unless you enjoy sitting on filthy stairs.
    natashahk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Sorry to disagree but it actually makes little sense to me.

Either you allow dining in all day or not at all. The 6pm magic time has zero logic.

Personally I’d keep the take out only option in place. Oh and much as I don’t like the full time mask requirement in public I’m abiding by it and by exactly the same token there should be NO exceptions to this except on medical grounds. By the way I exercise daily and am out of the house for several hours doing it.
    Yes I fully agree to forbidden dine in all day.... As I have seen before, 90% of the restaurants didn't respect the maximum limit of customers, they didn't suppress any tables.. just adding some useless pexiglass. In most of the case the only restaurants which apply the 50% limit are the western restaurants, forbidden to seat on half of the tables..

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast