Like Tree87Likes

Covid-19: DIning in till 6PM for 2 people per table

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by alexdown:
    Been doing that for a few days now...it is hard to breathe if you're wearing one of the soft disposable surgical masks...
    ...for me, the trick was to run with those masks that have a rigid piece of string in the middle and upper part of the mask...the upper one to block the mask on your nose, the middle one so you don't "breathe it in" if you're catching breath with your mouth.

Agree that running with both types of government-issued masks is very hard (at least for me!)
    If you look around, there are now many small shops selling plastic inserts which basically create a space around the mouth. (they all a bit like small testicle protectors - that's the only way i can describe them!). But they do help with the breathing in fabric problem.
    The other thing I saw a lot of hiking was the "nose out" mask. Hard to spot until close up, so good enough!
    Sage likes this.

Hiking out over buffalo hill today (a side trip off Mac stage 4), we saw 4 other people in total in 3+ hours (only on the mac, nobody on the buffalo's)

2 lone hikers (both wearing masks) fully on - go figure
    1 couple (husband not wearing, wife was).

All Chinese

Needless to say we weren't wearing masks at all, and all of the 4 exchanged cheery "lei-ho's" with us.

Thankfully 'real' people are very rational about the whole thing.

Or get a Training mask.

Name:  training-mask-22.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  48.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Hiking out over buffalo hill today (a side trip off Mac stage 4), we saw 4 other people in total in 3+ hours (only on the mac, nobody on the buffalo's)

2 lone hikers (both wearing masks) fully on - go figure
    1 couple (husband not wearing, wife was).

All Chinese

Needless to say we weren't wearing masks at all, and all of the 4 exchanged cheery "lei-ho's" with us.

Thankfully 'real' people are very rational about the whole thing.
    our hike yesterday (Mac 10) was much more crowded. Saw perhaps 40 people in 2 hours. Of those about 10-20 percent had full masks; about 20-40 percent had "variable masks" (in hand or on chin and rapidly put on when they saw us); the rest no masks.
    Sage likes this.

Francis Liang
    Admin · 17h
    Social Distancing Restrictions:
    Updated August 10th
    The Government has just announced social distancing restrictions will be extended for a further 7 days until 2359hrs on Tuesday, August 18th.
    This shall include:
    The wearing of masks both indoors and outdoors
    The closure of restaurants from 1801-0559
    Restaurants shall be limited to tables of no more than 2 persons
    Restaurants shall seat no more than 50% of their seating capacity
    Group gatherings cannot be more than 2 persons
    Gyms, swimming pools, beaches, beauty salons, mahjong parlors shall all continue to remain closed.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    I'm going for a run in mask tonight. Let's see how hard it is.
    Not that hard. I managed 50km last week with no problem.
    JAherbert likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7