Like Tree64Likes

More NSL arrests - Agnes Chow

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

So posting in a foreign language is now "collusion"???

Ms Chow said when she returned to Hong Kong, she was also told to sign letters expressing remorse for all her past political actions, and also to thank the police for organising the trip, so that she could learn of "the motherland's marvellous developments".
    Hooray for the glory of the marvelous developments! She can watch, from afar, in Canada. Will be pretty easy to get PR in Canada after graduating from a Candian uni or political asylum if she can't do the former (pretty sure she can do the former, it's a well-trodden pathway...).

And, this is how you get a brain drain. I just count the number of young "talents" working in our company who have left HK (and are still working for us). Not super political activists and all love HK, but none of the them sees a future for them or their children (or potential children for the singles). Australia, TW, UK, SG, one guy working on US and also has UK something or other, another will leave for UK as soon as his daughter is finished primary school (for learning Chinese, a fair point), working on his UK Patent Agent qualifications. And that is every single professional from our HK office. Every...single...one. Good job, HK! Or maybe we just hired all the people in collusion with "foreign forces," what bad luck for us...
    emx, newhkpr, muzzdang and 7 others like this.

Why is she under bail? What is charged with from how long ago?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Why is she under bail? What is charged with from how long ago?
    2019? I guess no one remembers 2019 after all the covid?

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    2019? I guess no one remembers 2019 after all the covid?
    What did she do? I seem to recall she was quite low profile after OCLP

Does it matter? She went to jail, she's an enemy of the state. Does NSL require something? I mean, I think "thought crime" is sufficient or maybe not even that...

Ah, sorry, it's bail for whatever her NSL thought crime is, they can hold NSL over you for life, literally.

Gatts, shafiq, newhkpr and 1 others like this.

According to the article, she is under investigation for "collision with foreign forces".

Her crimes probably weren't severe enough to prosecute since she basically quit politics after the NSL came into effect. There is no chance that the authorities thought she wouldn't skip bail so this was probably their way of cleanly expelling a persona non grata.

I worry for her family still in Hong Kong.

Sith, Gatts and chuckster007 like this.