Like Tree20Likes

Covid: 3rd Round Anti-Epidemic Fund Announced

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

With all the bars closed, the 711 and Circle K have been racking it. How the fck do you think it's fair to give money to these guys instead of the small business owners in the F&B?

Coolboy, JAherbert and Cminds like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    With all the bars closed, the 711 and Circle K have been racking it. How the fck do you think it's fair to give money to these guys instead of the small business owners in the F&B?
    It;s just a Rotten borough
    Coolboy and JAherbert like this.

A functioning legislative branch would block such vacuous giveaways.

Great, my business is affected and I get nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    Or giving millions to thriving businesses, but any business that has been forced to shut down can't qualify for anything. $0 for bankrupted businesses.

Original Post Deleted
    Agree. None of them have a manifesto that could be used to govern but surely the system has created a fragmented bunch of protest parties? Gerrymandering and rotten boroughs shape the way LegCo runs.
    JAherbert likes this.

Welcome, P&S and others supermarkets have seen their sales and benefits increased during this pandemic...so what for this government will give them more free money...its totally non sense...They are not affected at all..

I was talking to a financial advisor today who is trying to get me to invest with them. He said something interesting and I think this current crap with supermarkets etc highlights he may not be wrong. He basically said that all around the world, all the "subsidy money" is going into the biggest private companies which is why their share prices will stay high even in the current chaos. Essentially that Governments back their own big companies, not actually send money to people who really need it. It's pretty sad.

Is there any website with actual DETAILS? I tried the Government site and nothing seems to be on there, all the press releases etc are for the April announcemnt.

It seems that many HKers are perceptive of the real intentions of the supermarket ‘discounts’
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...2-20200820.htm