Like Tree75Likes

Covid: Sept 2nd Week HK Updates

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

And this is the headline in SCMP:
    Hong Kong facing slight rebound in new Covid-19 cases
    City can expect about 12 new coronavirus infections on Thursday, day before some social-distancing measures are relaxed.

Totally irresponsible reporting I think.

BCD, etienne43, Elegiaque and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pumi23:
    City can expect about 12 new coronavirus infections on Thursday, day before some social-distancing measures are relaxed.

Really hope that there will not be a full plane of infected returning persons form risky countries or this government will close again everything for imported cases....

Francis Liang - Admin

CHP PRESS CONFERENCE SUMMARY
    September 10th, 2020
    Updated at 5:05pm

Dr. Chuang of CHP announced as of midnight last night there were 12 newly confirmed cases in total (4903-4914)

5 are local cases, out of which 3 have links to previous cases and 2 has no identifiable sources.

7 cases are imported.

Out of the 5 local cases tested positive today 2 was found positive from the community testing program.
    There are around 10 preliminary cases reported by Dr. Chuang on September 10th.

IMPORTED CASES:
    Total 7 Persons
    4903 - Returned from India - Related to 4904 and 4905 -
    Arrival Flight - Air India AI 314 on September 8th
    4904 - Returned from India - Related to 4903 and 4905 -
    4905 - Returned from India - Related to 4903 and 4904 -
    4906 - Returned from India -
    4907 - Returned from Philippines - Domestic Helper - Arrival Flight - Cathay Pacific CX 906 on September 8th.
    4908 - Returned from Iran via Qatar
    4909 - Returned from India -
    Air India AI 314:
    In total 6 passengers have tested positive so far from AI 314 which arrived on September 8th 2020. This is a special Air India Vande Bharat flight mission flight organized by the Goverment of India.

HOSPITAL AUTHORITY
    As of 9:00am on September 10th 2020
    Patients in hospital: 193 in 19 hospitals (Including AsiaWorld Expo)
    Patients in critical condition: 21
    Patients in serious condition: 8
    Patients discharged: 15
    Deaths: 99

LOCAL CASES:

CASES WITH PREVIOUS LINKS:

Total 3 Persons
    4910, 4911 and 4913 were transferred from the quarantine center

CASES WITH NO PREVIOUS LINKS:

Total 2 Persons:

4912* - 39 year old female who remains asymptomatic. Works at an eatery on 52-56 Paterson street. She lives together with her husband and son. She went for testing on September 7th and on September 8th she accompanied her 5 year old son to Queen Elizabeth hospital as he required eye surgery.
    The child was tested negative for Covid before on September 8th. On the 9th of September, the day of the child's surgery, his mother informed the hospital that she had tested positive for Covid-19. HA tested the child again and found he was also positive for Covid-19.

4914*- 57 year old female who works at an eatery in Yuen Long. She lives in Tin Shui Wai and other than going to work she goes to the wet market.
    As of today, 21 people have tested positive via community testing.

*FOUND POSITIVE VIA COMMUNITY TESTING

I'm literally banging my head on how people are getting infected in flights despite getting tested before boarding !

JAherbert likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sunyhk:
    I'm literally banging my head on how people are getting infected in flights despite getting tested before boarding !
    In one word India! Brilliant at producing some exceptionally high calibre, IT, doctors, scientists etc. The potential to be a massive player on a global scale. Can't or won't do anything to rid itself of inherent corruption and bad business practice. No surprise to me that they are a repeat offender.

Start fining the airlines for imported cases on a rising scale. Then we might see some proper tests as point of origin.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sunyhk:
    One of my best friends in Canada caught it and five out of six people in his family ended up testing positive. He and his wife were symptomatic and the first two tests for both him and his wife turned out negative and after almost a week with symptoms, they tested positive . Let's just say they have a bit less faith in the reliability of the tests.

Or, These people got infected when they went for the tests in India ! They Tested Positive On 10th ... So they contracted virus around 5-6th September?

Top board the flight, Test Must be Done within 72 hours of boarding i think

Quote Originally Posted by pumi23:

Case study of the “if it bleeds it leads” school of journalism. They must have data that their clicks drop in correlation to local Covid cases.

It amazes me that people continuously act like tests are always accurate - It's the same with drugs in sport - so many of the general public seem intent on believing it's a simple black or white, yes or no.

1) Many tests aren't an exact science
    2) When people are incentivised to lie, they often will; the difference between emerging nations and developed ones is often the ability of systems to prevent 'cheating'.
    3) if covid was genuinely dangerous to even a small but significant proportion of those who travel internationally, people would be much less risk tolerant.

HK_Katherine and Cheeky Kiwi like this.

Zerman is making govt. pronouncements now.......bars to be allowed open on 18th apparently, IF case numbers continue to decrease
    the HK Party Room association is complaining again, people are holding parties in hotels apparently, so unfair to keep party rooms closed.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...2-20200911.htm

Sith, MatthieuTofu and Elegiaque like this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast