Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster007
  • 2 Post By Sage

HKIA stopover To China

Closed Thread

HKIA stopover To China

Hi, is it possible for a non-resident to stopover HKIA for a few hours then flying out to Shanghai? Has anyone experienced this? Thanks

Dont see any problem
    Visas are on arrival..

Again depends on the hours of layover.. Transit guests could hop over to nearby Citygate Outlets Mall for n hr two n fly out. Pls check on current Pandemic regulatory issues however.. if you are to leave the Airport/Transit areas

Only if the flight is all on one ticket I believe. Current rules.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE12:
    Dont see any problem
    Visas are on arrival..

Again depends on the hours of layover.. Transit guests could hop over to nearby Citygate Outlets Mall for n hr two n fly out. Pls check on current Pandemic regulatory issues however.. if you are to leave the Airport/Transit areas
    NON-RESIDENTS of HK are still not accepted so how can they enter HK and walk around citygate????

Transit shoudnt be a problem though as they dont leave the airport.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Not sure you can transit into China from HK c.u.r.r.e.n.t.l.y - The problem is with China, not HK regulation I believe:

Transit requirements

Passengers will be able to transit through Hong Kong if:

Their itinerary is contained in a single booking;
    They meet the entry requirements of their final destination;
    They have their baggage checked through to the final destination;
    They have been issued their onward boarding pass(es) from their origin; and
    The connection time between flights is within 24 hours.

From 15 August until 11:59pm on 15 October, 2020, passengers starting their journey in the Chinese mainland will be able to transit Hong Kong International Airport provided they meet the above requirements.

Transiting to destinations in the Chinese mainland remains unavailable.

All sea-to-air ferry services (Greater Bay Area to Hong Kong) and air-to-sea ferry services (Hong Kong to Greater Bay Area) are also suspended.
    https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...trictions.html

flameproof and HK_Katherine like this.

True
    Lot of loose ends as is
    Others hv replied too

Quote Originally Posted by mengfei:
    Hi, is it possible for a non-resident to stopover HKIA for a few hours then flying out to Shanghai? Has anyone experienced this? Thanks
    Transfer/transit services at HKIA for passengers from airports in Mainland China resume from 15 August to 15 October 2020. However, transfer/transit services to destinations in Mainland China will remain unavailable at HKIA.
    https://www.hongkongairport.com/en/i...523424631510-3

I think even untill now, non residents are not even to transit through HK although there are a lot of tickets being sold that has stop overs in HK then gong to China - I just had 3 cancelled flights

Over HKIA not possible, but nice info ferry from Shekou to HKIA started working again, so people can take a flight from HKIA without Q.