Like Tree21Likes

Covid: Singapore Cuts Quarantine time from HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original Post Deleted
    I actually do like Singapore a fair bit ... good food, social-friendly people and far more multi-cultural than HK - it is just a small pleasure to walk around the Marina / Financial district and see a fairly representative mix of asian demographics.
    TaD_LaLa, timonoj and Hkemail888 like this.

Original Post Deleted

This is the first account I've seen of life in Singapore with Covid. Very interesting! Thanks for sharing. I'd love to hear more.
    TaD_LaLa and hullexile like this.

Original Post Deleted

61.24% voted for it

I miss the nyonya cuisine in sing.

Some stuff open like universal studio and night safari etc

Original Post Deleted
    So you're working in HK now but not living in SG during Covid? Then how do you know it's impossible to get a spot in the gym? I have friends who are expats in SG, they go to Pure mainly and have loads of space at the gym. In fact their Pure gyms are much bigger than HK and i can see from their workout videos there's loads of space.

And there are restrictions, sure but is anywhere particularly good in the world right now with Covid? Dont forget masks is compulsory in HK as well. I also asked my frds, they are fine with going to restaurants and don't need to book in advance unless it was already needed to book in advance pre-covid.

I also like Singapore, if the quarantine was lifted later (or lessened in HK on the way back) I'd prob go there again. I had a short business trip there back in December and 4 days there wasn't enough to even cover the v short list of places i wanted to visit.
    TaD_LaLa likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    (1) Correct
    (2) Well if you want to waltz into Fat Cow on a Saturday Night, that wasn't possible before either. Otherwise, not really an issue. Main street places are all open and getting seat is not an issue. And most places are happy to bring you a beer at 10:20, but they'll take it away at 10:25. Know your drinking habits.
    (3) You can go to the beach. You're supposed to do the safeentry check in same as everywhere but I have never seen anyone check. you only need to pre-book Sentosa - if that's your thing.
    (4) Not sure if you describe this as a hurdle - if so, it isnt
    (5/6) correct, though I must admit I haven't come across many a bar without a food license. Don't see a single closed outlet along all of East Coast Road, Chijmes or in the financial district.
    (7) Masks stop being mandatory when you exercise, and the government has provided masks that I personally find a lot more comfortable to wear than the default disposable surgical ones.

All in all, perfectly liveable. From a public policy perspective downright a paradise compared with HK. I miss many other parts, but certainly not the HK government....
    TheBrit and shri like this.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    What happened to Singapore nightlife in 2016?
    Singapore used to be an excellent place to enjoy the nightlife. I believe things started to go south when a large number of expats left. I think sometime in 2015, most of the pubs also halved their alcoholic beverage prices to boost the segment, but things have just never recovered for Singapore. The same can be said of Hong Kong, which I noticed was in rapid decline since 2014.

The above could be all in my head, or it could be accurate.