Like Tree186Likes

Covid: Nov HK Discussions

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    So then either the tests in the UK are also fake or that accusation against the tests in India and the Philippines needs to be reconsidered.
    Yep. That's the only two possible explanations.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Weren't you the one lamenting on another thread about how children get separated from parents in quarantine or something along these lines?

Anyway, I suspect many of us would do what she did, and it sounds like she made an effort to isolate her family. Not everyone is prepared to walk away from their home and family and be locked up at the mercy of government officials.
    I was lamenting it but I haven’t acquired the power to change the policy through the force of my feelings.

If I were symptomatic with signs of COVID I would immediately stop contact with my family members, get the hell out of my house to a clinic and hope for the best. Not only to prevent them getting it but to increase my recovery chances as well.
    BCD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    I was lamenting it but I haven’t acquired the power to change the policy through the force of my feelings.

If I were symptomatic with signs of COVID I would immediately stop contact with my family members, get the hell out of my house to a clinic and hope for the best. Not only to prevent them getting it but to increase my recovery chances as well.
    Unless you require medical attention there is no incentive in getting a test. The government is gonna lock up your whole household and everyone else you've come in contact with either way. You might as well ignore it and hope it goes away before you get shipped off to camp.
    Last edited by mrgoodkat; 09-11-2020 at 03:30 PM.

Her real mistake was going for the test after 3 weeks. What an absolute pussy. What kind of 38 year old can't shake the rona in 3 weeks anyway? Big fat Trump was back doing rallies in a week.

mrgoodkat, Sage and merchantms like this.

From Francis Liang on 3 November - same workplace as DB lady...

CASES WITH NO PREVIOUS LINKS:

Total 1 Persons

5343 - 36 year old male - Lives on Hennessy Road, Wanchai.

He is an office worker at Three Garden Road, Central, Hong Kong. He last visited the office on October 29th and started to feel unwell on October 30th. He visited The Hong Kong Sanatorium and Hospital for testing on November 1st. There are approximately 200 people who work in the same company as him and CHP will be passing out testing bottles to his colleagues.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Unless you require medical attention there is no incentive in getting a test. The government is gonna lock up your whole household and everyone else you've come in contact with either way. You might as well ignore it and hope it goes away before you get shipped off to camp.
    She did require medical attention. Why else did she get a test three weeks after first symptoms emerged?

Everyone is so sure they’ll have mild symptoms and shake it like a cold. Well you can’t be so sure of that clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    She did require medical attention. Why else did she get a test three weeks after first symptoms emerged?

Everyone is so sure they’ll have mild symptoms and shake it like a cold. Well you can’t be so sure of that clearly.
    I'm just saying you can't fault her for not getting a test while having symptoms for 3 weeks. There is no upside because of the way the government hauls everyone off to the COVID camps. Better try and fight it like a cold for 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    While the government response - especially with regards to imported cases - has been a joke, there is a huge incentive to move local cases from low to zero. If you have a few hundred cases continuously, might as well just manage them. But if you're basically on the verge of being New Zealand, where you can fill Stadiums again and go clubbing, then there is some merit (and a lot of benefit) to drive the number down to zero.

Of course, if authorities are too busy chasing pro-dems and can't be bothered to actually isolate new arrivals, you'll never get there. But that's a different problem.
    Yeah but what the Government really wants to do is open the border with China. Which classes asymptomatic people as negative and lies about how many cases it has. So do we really want to go back to the kind of "normal life" which has every spot of HK filled with mainland tourists and no way to leave and get away from it all?????
    hullexile, MatthieuTofu and Sage like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    I'm just saying you can't fault her for not getting a test while having symptoms for 3 weeks. There is no upside because of the way the government hauls everyone off to the COVID camps. Better try and fight it like a cold for 3 weeks.
    I thought that family was really responsible. They did exactly what the Government advice for every other country except HK is - stay at home, keep kids and other family members away from other people, and wait it out. Why should anyone complain about that? It's what HK SHOULD do, then people would get tested.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I thought that family was really responsible. They did exactly what the Government advice for every other country except HK is - stay at home, keep kids and other family members away from other people, and wait it out. Why should anyone complain about that? It's what HK SHOULD do, then people would get tested.
    Did you miss my post above about a guy who works in her same building who came down with symptoms a week and a half after she did?

Hmm maybe staying home and hiding allowed a small workplace cluster that had gone unnoticed?

We don’t live in the UK, we live in HK. The rules here are clear. They are harsh but this is a densely populated place with a lot of old people.

Not sure what the point of calling her responsible is given they’re all in hospital and quarantine now anyway! She achieved nothing.
    TheBrit, Coolboy and BCD like this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast