Like Tree186Likes

Covid: Nov HK Discussions

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Covid: Nov HK Discussions

South Korea introduces a 5-stage social distancing scheme. Hong Kong should seriously consider something similar.

S. Korea introduce new 5-level social distancing system

https://www.ft.com/content/a17e289a-...3-e93b63c6a0f6

https://www.facebook.com/groups/drch...9120399386400/

5372 - 38 year old Foreign woman - Lives in Discovery Bay with her family at Crestmont Villa, Discovery Bay.

This individual works at Champion Tower, Three Garden Road, Central

The last day she was at work was on October 16th.

On October 19th, she developed a fever so she did not return to work. She explained to CHP after she felt ill nobody left the household. Her children did not return to school but her husband may have returned to work on a couple of occasions whilst his family remained home.

On November 5th, she went to get a test bottle from a private doctor and her sample returned positive on November 6th. Her Ct value is in the 30’s.

CHP will place all those people who live in the same household into quarantine and send testing bottles to her office.
    I call utter BS on this. She clearly suspected or knew she had COVID, and after not being able to shake it for nearly 3 weeks went for a test. In the meantime are we to believe that NO ONE from her household left except her husband “a few times.”

If she was trying to avoid hospitalization or quarantine for her family - well it didn’t work and now you potentially shared it around for several weeks. Thanks a lot.
    BCD, hullexile, shri and 3 others like this.

It's the fear of testing positive and then having all your family, friends and work colleagues put into a quarantine camp that's preventing people from getting tested and thus continuing the spread of local cases I think.
    That's one major loss of face for many Hong Kongers.
    And many people will see this disgrace as a bigger deterrent than doing the right thing to prevent the spread of the virus.
    This must be the same in other Asian countries. How are they handling it?

Quote Originally Posted by BCD:
    It's the fear of testing positive and then having all your family, friends and work colleagues put into a quarantine camp that's preventing people from getting tested and thus continuing the spread of local cases I think.
    And many people will see this disgrace as a bigger deterrent than doing the right thing to prevent the spread of the virus.
    Not in the Philippines, not heard any complaints but then you get free food and lodging . All known contacts are isolated, can be dozens per confirmed case.
    BCD likes this.

But she’s a “foreigner” living in DB so unlikely face was her primary concern.

They’re all going to quarantine camp anyway. And given how sensitive the tests are in HK, there’s a good chance she and her household members could have come up positive after they’d recovered anyway.

I get that fear of the separation but she had three other family members, at least one she admits left the house. How did they get food? Presumably deliveries etc. Selfish to expose those people.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/drch...9120399386400/

I call utter BS on this. She clearly suspected or knew she had COVID, and after not being able to shake it for nearly 3 weeks went for a test. In the meantime are we to believe that NO ONE from her household left except her husband “a few times.”

If she was trying to avoid hospitalization or quarantine for her family - well it didn’t work and now you potentially shared it around for several weeks. Thanks a lot.
    You chose that one to focus on? How about the Pakistani woman who strangely got it just after her husband, "quarantining" in a hotel, tested positive.....yet claims not to have seen him. I call bullshit on that too.
    Mr Chips, Eva C, BCD and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    You chose that one to focus on? How about the Pakistani woman who strangely got it just after her husband, "quarantining" in a hotel, tested positive.....yet claims not to have seen him. I call bullshit on that too.
    I’m allowed to focus on whatever I want. The forum is free for you to discuss the Pakistani lady.
    shri, AliT and rkenia852 like this.

All of these recent cases are frustrating. Why the hell can't people just quarantine properly! It's not that hard. Selfish.

blandy62 likes this.

All of these recent cases are frustrating. Why the hell can't people just quarantine properly! It's not that hard. Selfish.
    What are the penalties for not doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    And given how sensitive the tests are in HK, there’s a good chance she and her household members could have come up positive after they’d recovered anyway.
    You include that without a hint of irony. And then gloss over it like it somehow supports your assertion. If people are going to test positive even if they are recovered and not infectious, why should they trust the system, let alone play along with it?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast