Like Tree167Likes

Covid: All HK Arrivals to Quarantine in Hotels

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Another gift from 2020

That's Christmas done then for anyone flying back to see family.

I assume that even more hotels will start taking quarantine customers and that the distinction between high risk and other countries is pretty much meaningless now.

cookie09 likes this.

For not having any business, HK hotels are still fucking expensive. The Conrad would be $2080 a night for 2 weeks . 30K + food just for quarantine. Ridiculous.

shri, MatthieuTofu, RMDNC and 1 others like this.

Do hotels need to be approved as quarantine hotels or can any hotel take on quarantine arrivals?

Quote Originally Posted by Cminds:
    Do hotels need to be approved as quarantine hotels or can any hotel take on quarantine arrivals?
    Any licensed hotel can accept quarantine guests if they wish but not all of them will do so.

Has this policy actually been confirmed?

MABinPengChau and 441211 like this.

I am on my third day now at home in Taipei, I got a big terrace, 1000sq ft of space, my TV, computer, all of my shit but I am already going a bit nutty.

I would not do 2 weeks in a HK hotel room, even if it was the Conrad or any of the other high end hotels..

RMDNC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Any licensed hotel can accept quarantine guests if they wish but not all of them will do so.
    Or to put its better way not many of them will do so and there are already reports of massive price hiking from those that are. There are two lists. An officially published list and those names shared in the Facebook quarantine group which is really useful. Add all arrivals into that mix and it is going to be utter carnage. Now thinking of delaying my return until mid January
    traineeinvestor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Judging by posts on the Quarantine Support group, quite a few people are planning on doing this.
    What’s the logic behind that ?
    From UK to Gørmany means two weeks
    quarantine there and then another two in HK.
    Do you actually save time or money, apart from avoiding hotel cost in HK ?

I foresee a bigger outrage in coming days ... Will Kill the already dying Aviation sector but, will boost Hotel Business ...

hongkong7 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast