Like Tree67Likes

Covid Regulations - Any thoughts/questions?

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    or just circumvent the rules by having 3 tables of 2 people and 2 pathetic dividers. They are all the

same group.

oh and I also clearly have an OCD about this matter !
    If this worries you, don't go hiking. There are still (local) hiking groups out there with 30+ people in them..... which frustrates me since I stopped organising hikes when they went to 4 people in June and never relaxed it!
    ByeByeEngland likes this.

The point isn’t about whether I am worried (I am not). The point is RULES flagrantly broken with loose interpretation of requirements.

I can pretty much guarantee some domestic helpers will end up with a 5k social distance fine over the weekend, more than some will be paid in a month, while a table of 4 would spend at least 13-1400 on one meal and maybe around 2K for a table of six

That is what PISSES me off so much

Big police deployment this morning.

https://twitter.com/studioinc...71986758057987

There’s Jimmy Lai detained without bail for a lease, a journalist prosecuted because they removed the option for an accurate declaration in an online form, the chap getting a NSL judge and NSL investigators for non-NSL colonial-era sedition charges, and you’re still thinking uneven enforcement is a bug not a feature for those in power...

Just one more weapon to enforce rule by law while you’re still somehow imagining everyone should be respecting the imaginary rule of law.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    So ask for two tables of four or get a take out. Really you just need to adapt a little.

We can sit on the terrace. I live in the Philippines, you always avoid the sun anyway.
    Light bounces off surfaces, being in the shade doesn't mean you're not still getting some exposure. (but you knew that of course, you weren't just being contrary for the sake of it, right?)

Avoiding the sun altogether would be a very big mistake, particularly for those vulnerable to respiratory infections - There's mountains of evidence that shows Vit. D plays an important role in preventing and mitigating those category of infections, including covid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha2mLz-Xdpg

@11:50 Re govt recommend vit D levels: "sometimes historically they'll ask for those levels to be higher if they're treating Heart disease or cancer"

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Light bounces off surfaces, being in the shade doesn't mean you're not still getting some exposure. (but you knew that of course, you weren't just being contrary for the sake of it, right?)

Avoiding the sun altogether would be a very big mistake, particularly for those vulnerable to respiratory infections - There's mountains of evidence that shows Vit. D plays an important role in preventing and mitigating those category of infections, including covid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha2mLz-Xdpg

@11:50 Re govt recommend vit D levels: "sometimes historically they'll ask for those levels to be higher if they're treating Heart disease or cancer"
    Yes (very) obviously as I struggle round the house in total darkness because I am not in direct sunlight. Surprisingly I made it past elementary school.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Yes (very) obviously as I struggle round the house in total darkness because I am not in direct sunlight. Surprisingly I made it past elementary school.
    I never realised the Philippines was THAT poor. Where i live we have Electric lights hung from the ceiling, highly recommended.

But again, the real point is vitamin D, how you get it, why you should and why your terrace comment fell short. But you can go on stumbling around in the dark if you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    I never realised the Philippines was THAT poor. Where i live we have Electric lights hung from the ceiling, highly recommended.

But again, the real point is vitamin D, how you get it, why you should and why your terrace comment fell short. But you can go on stumbling around in the dark if you prefer.
    You are a grade one twat sage with zero real thinking ability. But then out and out racists tend to be like that

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10