Like Tree81Likes

How to prevent the next wave of the COVID-19 pandemic in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    Not much logic and continuity in your rants either...One minute the government is apparently aiming at zero cases to reopen the China border which they never did by the way even when it was zero and now it's about the inconsistent approach of closures...

I agree with the latter, there are significant inconsistencies in their approach. The former is clearly incorrect, if it was true, the government would have been more consistent and applied closures more consistently to reduce the cases. The current measures imply an acceptance of a relatively low number of cases in order to keep more economic activity and more normalcy in day to day life.
    If they didn't reopen the china border its not because they don't want...its just because the china master don't want...

the only way to get back to normal life is to have zero cases ("extinguish the virus") or achieve herd immunity. there is no in between, no middle ground
    normal life = normal gatherings, normal no-masks at dance clubs, bars etc etc, schools functioning normally, offices functioning normally

look at how HKG did with trying to reopen with a few "unlinked" cases, a dance club "normal activity" seeded another exponential progression

Quote Originally Posted by ermen:
    the only way to get back to normal life is to have zero cases ("extinguish the virus") or achieve herd immunity. there is no in between, no middle ground
    normal life = normal gatherings, normal no-masks at dance clubs, bars etc etc, schools functioning normally, offices functioning normally

look at how HKG did with trying to reopen with a few "unlinked" cases, a dance club "normal activity" seeded another exponential progression
    Except that these "dance" clubs....were everything except normal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by ermen:

Going to a dance club, gym, restaurant, bars etc are all normal. We won't ever have a normal life until we have vaccine if the goal is 0 infections. We already had 0 cases in between, now we don't. Apparently because people went back to their "normal" lives. If you look at the graph, daily infections are already down and that without the government restrictions having started.

https://twitter.com/tripperhe...99203746926592
    Last edited by mrgoodkat; 01-12-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    We won't ever have a normal life until we have vaccine if the goal is 0 infections.
    Please do tell where life is normal in places regardless of the infection "goal"... I guess life on the moon hasn't changed too much.
    aw451 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    Please do tell where life is normal in places regardless of the infection "goal"... I guess life on the moon hasn't changed too much.
    Taiwan?
    aw451, MABinPengChau and Gatts like this.

Thailand, apart from the unrelated protests, is pretty much BAU at the moment too.

I don't usually praise the mainland but looking at WeChat, my associates in Shenzhen are living a pretty normal life these days too.

MABinPengChau likes this.

I can’t figure out if the new regulations prohibit social gatherings in your own apartment. Junks are not on but at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsang:
    Taiwan?
    Can confirm that life is totally normal in Taiwan, apart from mask-wearing on transit and indoor places like stores and malls. In fact, better than normal, no Mainland tourists...

I'm sure everyone working in the tourist industry appreciates that you can live your life without mainland tourists and that life is normal in Taiwan.