Like Tree26Likes

Dec 4: 112 Cases (17 Imported / 36 Untraced)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    Anyone have details on what pre-existing conditions the 38-year old had?
    HK01 is reporting that it was some form of neurological complication...

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    HK01 is reporting that it was some form of neurological complication...
    Thank you.

All fun has now been canceled- including the Christmas Tree in Statue Square, apparently.

Details of cancellations below...seems they forgot about the 2018 cancellation due to the bus crash (of Lunar New Year fireworks). Carrie was a bundle of fun already back in 2018. That makes every year I have been back that the Lunar New Year fireworks have been cancelled.

Also, plans for ANOTHER online event (nothing can hold these HKTB people back)

“The HKTB is exploring to organise an Online + Offline event,” it added in a press release, noting details would be announced later.
    Maybe I need to start a new thread for people to speculate about what the HKTB could do that would out-do both fireworks AND lucky draws. I am breathless with anticipation.

And if that is not ENOUGH to look forward to, there is a virtual tour of some Christmas thingee to learn how to make handicrafts... in place of an actual tree...woo-hoo!

While this year’s Hong Kong WinterFest, which began on Friday, will not place a Christmas tree installation in Central’s Statue Square, the board has set up a virtual tour of Christmas Town for revellers to learn how to make festive handicrafts. The festival ends on January 3.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ew-year-annual
    Last edited by MABinPengChau; 04-12-2020 at 08:13 PM.

They've cancelled loads of fireworks. Kind of worried they're stocking up on unused explosives near the harbour, a la Beirut.

Speaking of cancelled the FB quarantine group states Emirates now banned for 2 weeks for too many cases. I can’t validate that on the net or quote because it is a private group but many people receiving cancellation emails

also now KLM but very much unverified

Last edited by ByeByeEngland; 05-12-2020 at 10:27 AM.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmark:
    They've cancelled loads of fireworks. Kind of worried they're stocking up on unused explosives near the harbour, a la Beirut.
    I know you are joking and saying that in half-jest, but for anyone else rest assured HK don't let explosives just lying about like Beirut.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Speaking of cancelled the FB quarantine group states Emirates now banned for 2 weeks for too many cases. I can’t validate that on the net or quote because it is a private group but many people receiving cancellation emails

also now KLM but very much unverified
    There were four cases on EK384 arriving HK 2nd DEC, this shouldn’t be enough to get banned. I can’t find any reference to an EK ban, anyone more info?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary 2:
    There were four cases on EK384 arriving HK 2nd DEC, this shouldn’t be enough to get banned. I can’t find any reference to an EK ban, anyone more info?
    only from the closed FB quarantine group

EK384 is shown as operating today and tomorrow so probably fake news.
    I note that Nepal Airlines have been banned again though!

Last edited by Mary 2; 05-12-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    I know you are joking and saying that in half-jest, but for anyone else rest assured HK don't let explosives just lying about like Beirut.
    where does Hong Kong stock their fireworks?