Like Tree44Likes

Dec 5th: Covid News and Updates

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    But isn't that what got us here? All the "irresponsible" people dancing or visiting restaurant, or taking their boats out were all just enjoying their "semi-normality". Why shouldn't they do their hobbies so you can play football? Seems to me some people are bitching about everyone else who doesn't share a common interest. And quite frankly, if we can ride the crowded MTR to work without restrictions, we can go for a drink.
    Have to disagree there. Large indoors gatherings, particularly where people go maskless are more risky than some of the other settings you described. Some objectivity even if sacrifice is involved is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    Yes, I believe the great majority of people are neither zealots/morality police, nor uncaring jerks. If 10% of the population carries on heedless of others, as implied by your referencing hundreds of thousands, that’s still a 90% participation in the reduction of discretionary activities...

Or alternatively you could cheer when the iron fist happens to coincide with your preferences. I’d rather not.
    Are people from the dance clusters all uncaring jerks? Are people crowding bars and restaurants all uncaring jerks? All I'm saying is that it's not realistic to think that people will adhere to measures just because there's an unmeasurable risk of maybe something happening. People don't do it in the US where the risks are much higher so they are not going to do it here which means that until the vaccine comes there will be waves or ripples. Walked by a bar today with dozens of people drinking, yelling cheering during the tri nation rugby match with not a care in the world. More freedom/loopholes...more cases, stricter measures/less cases and so on... That's been the dance all year and it won't change until vaccination starts and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz:
    What are the restrictions on gatherings in private houses?
    I can't seem to see any, but that seems unusual
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    There are none. Would suck even more if the government started telling us what we can or can't do in our own homes.
    Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    Agreed, and let’s please self-regulate so that there isn’t this talk of curbs to the responsible use of our freedoms.
    Amusing to think Hong Kong is a freer society than the UK.

Original Post Deleted
    While I might understand the sentiment, I haven’t had anyone beaten by the police or dropped from a carpark here recently.

If you seriously think that rules on the numbers of guests in your house are the biggest threat to your Liberty, your giving your passport privilege away very visibly.
    Jackie1 and Mrs. Jones like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Everybody is fundamentally selfish, everyone is driving for life to be as complementary as possible to their own personal risk level. But the most selfish stand in the halo of their own intolerance.

Always bitter towards policy that doesn't protect their own interests.
    Routinely blind to the fact that their opinion will never be universally shared.
    Forever angry at their powerlessness to change the dynamic.

Pls protect yourself when eating LOL

Name:  129873363_10159073028394439_4724417894268419170_n.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  44.5 KB

Cornmeal, tf19, AsianXpat0 and 1 others like this.

100+ expected today (6th Dec)

https://twitter.com/tripperhe...76453362679808

so the FB quarantine group was correct on both fronts. Cocked up plans for many. I’m praying Finnair don’t have the same issues
    MatthieuTofu likes this.