Like Tree82Likes

Recent Trips in & out of HK - TPE / SGP

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Recent Trips in & out of HK - TPE / SGP

About to hop on the plane back to HK...will update everyone on the latest fun at the airport and the overnight quarantine hotel as I truly doubt my test results are back in time to go home to Peng Chau, pictures to follow unless banned...

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Great my US passport already causing check in problems, supervisor is on the case....

Busted at security for some crazy spray roommate gave me Chinese package don't know what it was..

Last edited by MABinPengChau; 06-12-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Great my US passport already causing check in problems, supervisor is on the case....

Busted at security for some crazy spray roommate gave me Chinese package don't know what it was..
    Er... you know you're not meant to carry packages with unknown contents on planes, right?

Lightbulb

No, I mean the label was in Chinese...some sanitizer, roommate believes in thoroughly spraying down your seat area on the plane....

They believed it to be aerosol so prohibited...

Fill out some declaration that I haven't been to the US for 14 days...
    Some UK family with a huge pile of luggage being interrogated at check in...no idea what their hold up is due to. Gate is almost entirely people over 60

Last edited by MABinPengChau; 06-12-2020 at 11:55 AM.

That's just in Taipei right ? hmmm...

Anyway i went thru the other way from HK to SGP.. surprising smooth back home..
    HK is deemed low risk country by Singapore so only need to do stay-home notice for 7 days at home, told to take precautions as much as we can to avoid coming into 'contact' with family members.

Landing - SIA has new operation procedure to disembark group by group, starting from transit passenger, etc.
    Documentation - we submitted health declaration online within 3 days before flight, otherwise you can do it before hitting immigration.
    Immigration - they pass me the home quarantine package at the immigration counter. Comes with a wrist bracelet and a home base gateway device to track that i am always within XXm from the device. Automatic immigration gate was shut off and all thru the manned counters. Originally only 2 singaporean counters, but they realized 95% of inbound from HK are singaporeans, so immediately switched all counters to singaporean handling and queue shortened by 70%...

Once the briefing is completed, you are ok to go home. Installation of device can be done yourself (hotline to call if any issues). Transportation back home you can book yourself via the airport queue or grab/uber, as long as you inform the driver that you are to be home quarantined, they will lower the window for your entire journey if they accept you.

Day 2 some health officers came in to check if i am home and verify that my device installation is properly done.
    If you have concerns about staying home 7 days with family member, you can ask for staying in hotel (cost is borne by government if you meet certain criteria, e.g. singaporean, last left prior to the lockup in March, etc). Then they put you on a dedicated magic bus ride to the hotel and you get thrown inside for the 7 days, food all inclusive (you can order more via deliveroo).

Good luck, i hope you packed sandwiches

At the HK airport now, saved time by downloading the Stay Home app in advance, you should do the health declaration form as well...got a free Carrie Lam mask as a gift, now I can look just like my hero. No bathroom opportunity prior to specimen collection which sucks as literally no one uses the toilet on the plane...about 40 people ahead of me for specimen collection. Otherwise rather smooth except for a long security queue...had to go through again after landing as we are just in a section of the airport where the gates are...

drumbrake and Mrs. Jones like this.

OK, here at the waiting hall which is just an unused gate- scored a lucky window table. Will go through the procedure with the few pics I was able to sneak.

Get off the plane, onto the train for the terminal- get off and go through security again to end up at one of the departure halls that has been turned into a massive Covid test facility.

Rather than tell you to download and fill all all these things while you are sitting and waiting to get on the plane, they have some crowded area and tell you to fill out the health declaration form and download the Stay Home app- do both before you board the plane, you will be ahead of the crowd for the testing queue.

After displaying QR code to many people, you will go to a booth where they will call your mobile phone to ensure that you have given the correct number- get a small ticket for this. Then, open the Stay home app, get wristband, scan wristband code. Then wait on a rather long queue to get the quarantine order and the saliva test bottle- this row of people gives you a lanyard with a number, the order, the test bottle, checks your passport (but this is NOT immigration) AND your HK ID.

Then onto the video watching area on how to collect your test specimen and properly wrap it up. Comes in English and Chinese with subtitles for both in case you don't want to wait for your language to come up.

Then to an amazing maze of cubicles to deliver your specimen. This takes longer than you might think, especially if you didn't drink on the plane so as to avoid having to use the bathroom.

Drop off your specimen, then, FINALLY a bathroom where you can wash your hands- I also used the toilet, wasn't sure if that was permitted, didn't care at that point- we passed a washroom but it was for CREW so no go (literally). So at least an hour after you get off the plane before you get to a restroom, keep this in mind and use the airplane bathroom if this will be an issue.

Another queue and a form checking, then they write a seat number on your tag- mine is GREEN which I think means non-infested-coronavirus hellhole country like the US (quarantine man was surprised when I said I came from Taipei). Oh keep that boarding pass, they check it for your seat number which you need for the health declaration form. Don't leave it on the plane or toss it out like you might normally do.

And then, the hall of the damned- the giant seating area,- there are several hundred people here I would estimate, I don't see how I can get my test result in time to make the ferry or Airport express but the check in counter man was optimistic that I would get the results and not stay at the infamous quarantine hotel.

Now in waiting mode-whole thing took under 2 hours from beginning to end, very well organized- I only fault them for not telling everyone to download while waiting to board the plane.

Have pics but somehow GeoExpat is not letting me upload them...will try later.

Bring food, it's a long wait- there are sandwiches (ground chicken gizzard and chick pea paste or some such) and water and some Ritz crackers with chocolate or cheese filling but that's about it. Should have taken the lunch on the plane (bag lunch) and brought it here- I did bring something else so not forced to take the sandwiches.

Last edited by MABinPengChau; 06-12-2020 at 05:55 PM.

Yes, having enough saliva to do the test - when you have not been drinking to avoid having to go to the toilet is a problem!

MABinPengChau likes this.

Hopefully the cat is happy to see you.

Mrs. Jones and MABinPengChau like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast