Like Tree106Likes

Covid: Dec Global News

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Covid: Dec Global News

Thanksgiving travel begins paying its big covid dividend- new cases in the US are over 200,000 the past couple of days...expect to see this number maintain or rise as all those maskless family dinners spread the love and coronavirus...

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Thanksgiving travel begins paying its big covid dividend- new cases in the US are over 200,000 the past couple of days...expect to see this number maintain or rise as all those maskless family dinners spread the love and coronavirus...
    Deaths climbing fast as well but they are too early to be related to Thanksgiving.

Ivor doesn't relent

"Laysplaining" - when someone without qualifications but based on Google searches lectures medical experts on where they have got it wrong.

East_coast likes this.

Really does look like it was important to have guns drawn...

Gov DeSantis fired FL’s coronavirus data scientist. So she’s started publishing COVID statistics on her own. Today police stormed her home/pointed a gun at her kids & confiscated her tech.
    https://twitter.com/GeoRebeka...65789313638400

Good news bad news...

FREE BEER.

Global News: Coronavirus: Free beer for health-care workers runs brewery dry, causes traffic jam in Winnipeg.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7516793/c...s-brewery-dry/

257 days: Edmonton woman warns of chronic and debilitating COVID-19 symptoms
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...EUBtiW3zW_m6zk

US, now over 300,000 deaths, last daily death count over 3000...in one day, 300,000 infections- in ONE DAY.

That is now about 0.1% of the population that died. And 0.1 % getting infected every day (that we know of, testing still a clusterfuck in many areas so there are likely many more infected than we know about).

hullexile likes this.

Only been in the UK for a little over 24 hours and I’ll admit I’m pleasantly surprised with what I’ve seen so far. Widespread face mask wearing seems to be a no-brainer now but I’m more impressed with the social distancing. Could you imagine people distancing themselves in a HK supermarket (at a checkout for example)? Even queuing up for a coffee: helped by distance markers on the floor.

MABinPengChau and Pauljoecoe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Only been in the UK for a little over 24 hours and I’ll admit I’m pleasantly surprised with what I’ve seen so far. Widespread face mask wearing seems to be a no-brainer now but I’m more impressed with the social distancing. Could you imagine people distancing themselves in a HK supermarket (at a checkout for example)? Even queuing up for a coffee: helped by distance markers on the floor.
    Isn't there something wrong here though?

They are trying super-hard but failing, HKers are not trying so hard (in supermarkets) but it is mostly under control.

Maybe the UK is tackling the wrong problem?!
    merchantms and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Only been in the UK for a little over 24 hours and I’ll admit I’m pleasantly surprised with what I’ve seen so far. Widespread face mask wearing seems to be a no-brainer now but I’m more impressed with the social distancing. Could you imagine people distancing themselves in a HK supermarket (at a checkout for example)? Even queuing up
    for a coffee: helped by distance markers on the floor.
    There’s not enough space in HK. People would be queuing into the road all over town if this was mandated.

I’ve seen quite a few people report how well the UK has done on social distancing versus HK but the spread of COVID tells a different story.
    GentleGeorge and Mrs. Jones like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast