Like Tree33Likes

Dec 8: 100 cases - 27 Unknown - 5 Imported

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I saw some people dancing, did they look like these guys/taitai? C O R N A!

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    https://twitter.com/tripperhe...09414207184898

More news for BBE to get excited about.
    Utterly ridiculous - we just want to be told what the new rules are - not 10 days of speculation and promises that information will be forthcoming - there are spitting feathers in the QT Facebook group

So on the Facebook group people are reporting that they received e-mails from their booked hotels that these hotels are not "designated" and a list of "designated" hotels to try...anyone seen the list of these hotels?

I do feel like info is lacking- on the procedures for landing for example- before you board the plane they should tell you to download the stayhome app and to fill out the health declaration form (did not know about the latter until they announced it on landing, then scrambled to fill it in). They need to tell you about how long you can expect to wait (I really thought I would be going to the Rambler or whatever), simple things- that's why I posted my pics- people have a right to know what to expect.

AsianXpat0 and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    So on the Facebook group people are reporting that they received e-mails from their booked hotels that these hotels are not "designated" and a list of "designated" hotels to try...anyone seen the list of these hotels?

I do feel like info is lacking- on the procedures for landing for example- before you board the plane they should tell you to download the stayhome app and to fill out the health declaration form (did not know about the latter until they announced it on landing, then scrambled to fill it in). They need to tell you about how long you can expect to wait (I really thought I would be going to the Rambler or whatever), simple things- that's why I posted my pics- people have a right to know what to expect.
    https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/pdf/i.../hotels_en.pdf

Could this be the one? I’m not sure due to the language about specified places.

Good plan to restrict flights and hotels. We are nearing critical usage levels of both quarantine and ICU. No need to jeopardize that for people who want to travel to high risk countries. This year is not a normal Christmas and we need to just accept that fact.

tf19 and Coolboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary 2:
    Good plan to restrict flights and hotels. We are nearing critical usage levels of both quarantine and ICU. No need to jeopardize that for people who want to travel to high risk countries. This year is not a normal Christmas and we need to just accept that fact.
    I kind of agree. You’d think mandatory hotel quarantine and 3-4 tests would deter people but there are still thousands trying to fly into HK. I’m sure they all say they have good reasons but it’s not the right time and we only have so much capacity.
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:

Could this be the one? I’m not sure due to the language about specified places.
    No, it's dated December 3rd, there should be a new list under the new rules...

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    I kind of agree. You’d think mandatory hotel quarantine and 3-4 tests would deter people but there are still thousands trying to fly into HK. I’m sure they all say they have good reasons but it’s not the right time and we only have so much capacity.
    There is INFINITE capacity if they let people quarantine at HOME!! Good grief, the number of cases, by international standards, is LOW, I don't remember hearing about returnees spreading it to family members as most positive returnees are caught at the airport, not so many positive tests on day 12.

If you are a student and the dorm/hostel is closed, might not be anywhere for you to go! So you need to come back to HK (especially if you are under 18 and no one will rent a room to you for being underage). I saw genuine KIDS in the testing center, some of those were the ones released at 4AM...bet their parents were thrilled.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

No, it's dated December 3rd, there should be a new list under the new rules...
    this is the bizarre thing about the existing policy. You can stay in ANY hotel listed as a registered hotel in HK. That hotel obviously needs to want to accept high or low risk quarantine and some people have tripped themselves up by booking through agents or online such as hotel or booking.com then finding out that they are not taking Covid cases. The FB advice has always been contact hotel directly because the prices are different too (naturally inflated). Note air bnb, serviced apartments etc are out of scope.

so many hundreds of people have booked a hotel in good faith following the rules and for about 10 days now they talk about changing the rules without providing any clarification. So it doesn’t just impact people that have booked but people that want to book. Already some people have been moved out of their existing hotels by the hotel to another hotel. Utter chaos
    MABinPengChau likes this.

There is INFINITE capacity if they let people quarantine at HOME!! Good grief, the number of cases, by international standards, is LOW, I don't remember hearing about returnees spreading it to family members as most positive returnees are caught at the airport, not so many positive tests on day 12.

If you are a student and the dorm/hostel is closed, might not be anywhere for you to go! So you need to come back to HK (especially if you are under 18 and no one will rent a room to you for being underage). I saw genuine KIDS in the testing center, some of those were the ones released at 4AM...bet their parents were thrilled.
    the problem is the large numbers of people breaching self quarantine. I would willingly paint a big Red Cross on the front of my village house. I have me and a helper on 2 floors 1500 sq feet. Full isolation would be zero problem
    merchantms likes this.