Like Tree116Likes

Dec 21: 80+ Cases + UK Flight Ban (22nd)

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    --- the stronger stain is already here?
    Gene sequencing in progress... re doing.

Press Conference Summary
    United Kingdom Travel Update and Social Distancing Measures:
    Updated December 21st at 1624
    Presented by Professor Sophia Chan, Secretary for Food and Health
    Also in attendance are :
    Professor Gabriel Leung, Chair of Public Health Medicine, Hong Kong University
    Thomas Chan, Permanent Secretary for Food and Health.
    Dr. Constance Chan, Director of Health
    Sophia Chan said in the last two weeks the average cases per day is around 80 and the number of unknown cases is hovering around 31.
    Dr. Chan is asking different households not to gather over this holiday period as this is a high risk activity.
    Keep good hygiene whenever possible
    Put a stop to the UK virus being transferred to Hong Kong. Professor Chan said the new strain has a 70% higher transmittable rate.
    United Kingdom:
    Effective at 0001 hrs on December 22nd; anyone who has remained in the United Kingdom for more than two hours in the past 14 days will not be allowed to board a plane to Hong Kong. This includes all Hong Kong residents. This policy will be effective will remain until canceled but by the government.
    Those that have already arrived from the United Kingdom will need to remain at home after they have completed their hotel quarantine. People must leave the hotel and go straight home from Day 14- Day 21. The person can only leave their home after completing the Day 19/20 covid test.
    For those who have arrived from the UK that have not been in Hong Kong for 21 days, the government will be issuing a notice for the new procedures shortly for quarantine from days 14-21. This notice will also cover the testing procedures and methods. This new measure will start at midnight on December 22nd and this is compulsory. Professor Chan said that there will be fines issued for those who do not comply.
    Professor Sophia Chan said effectively there will be no passenger flights arriving from the United Kingdom effective midnight on December 22nd. Cargo flights will still be permitted.
    Current Social Distancing Measures have been extended till 2359hrs on January 6th.
    Restaurants/Bars
    No dine in will be permitted from 1759hrs - 0459hrs
    2 persons per table maximum
    Restaurants must cap its capacity level to 50%
    Bars must remain closed
    Businesses to be closed under 599 (F) shall include:
    1. Amusement game centers
    2. Bathhouses
    3. Fitness centers
    4. Places of amusement
    5. Places of public entertainment
    6. Premises (commonly known as party rooms) that are maintained or intended to be maintained for hire for holding social gatherings
    7. Beauty parlors
    8. Establishments (commonly known as clubs or nightclubs) that are open late into the night, usually for drinking, and dancing or other entertainment
    9. Karaoke establishments
    10. Mahjong-tin kau premises
    11. Massage establishments
    12. Clubhouse (catering business therein must observe relevant direction)

AsianXpat0 and MABinPengChau like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth1:
    Tks mate, but are you sure abt the 1st point? As my frd has to do the 19th day test, today is the 13th day of quarantine
    My response was thinking about hotels, what i meant was they will not force existing people who are in hotels to stay more days in a hotel.

Govt has just said
    Those that have already arrived from the United Kingdom will need to remain at home after they have completed their hotel quarantine. People must leave the hotel and go straight home from Day 14- Day 21. The person can only leave their home after completing the Day 19/20 covid test.
    MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by natino:
    Edit: Seems it is backdated to arrivals from 2nd December. Makes sense.
    The test on the 20th day applies to everyone entering after Dec 2. Backdating the quarantine requirement to Dec 2 would make no sense because those people already left quarantine 5 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    The test on the 20th day applies to everyone entering after Dec 2. Backdating the quarantine requirement to Dec 2 would make no sense because those people already left quarantine 5 days ago.
    If you read above it says, "For those who have arrived from the UK that have not been in Hong Kong for 21 days, the government will be issuing a notice for the new procedures shortly for quarantine from days 14-21."

You're only clear if you arrived >21 days ago. If in that 14-21 period currently I guess this means they will ask you to remain home for the remaining to get you to 21 days.

For clarity, I'm not arguing this bit makes sense, if you've already been allowed out and about...
    MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Yes - and they've been out and about for the last few days. Weird backdating - no clue why.

I've got a flight today (21st) from London to Hong Kong am I outta luck? 9pm UK time arrive 22nd 4pm HKT

Quote Originally Posted by iceybodybuilder:
    I've got a flight today (21st) from London to Hong Kong am I outta luck? 9pm UK time arrive 22nd 4pm HKT
    Yup. Your flight probably will be cancelled.

Yep, will be cancelled as fr tonight midnight any flights fr London cannot land. So I would presume the airline wouldn't even fly the plane & just cancel it

CX and Virgin are showing departures on Heathrow's website.

https://www.heathrow.com/departures/...rch=departures

and

https://www.heathrow.com/departures/...rch=departures

CALL YOUR AIRLINE

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast