Like Tree29Likes

Jan 1 - 3: HK Covid News and Stats

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    In my opinion, there will be a quarantine until at least 70-80% of the local population is vaccinated which will likely not be until probably the fall and perhaps even 2022.
    I don’t think it will take to 2022. HK is a city. Israel has already vaccinated 12 % of its population in a few weeks. But I agree the quarantine is tied to the vaccination rate in the community here. Don’t get why people think as long as they’ve personally had the jab they can just stroll off a plane when even the vaccine developers say they don’t know if it prevents transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    I don’t think it will take to 2022. HK is a city. Israel has already vaccinated 12 % of its population in a few weeks. But I agree the quarantine is tied to the vaccination rate in the community here. Don’t get why people think as long as they’ve personally had the jab they can just stroll off a plane when even the vaccine developers say they don’t know if it prevents transmission.
    I hope not but I expect it will be close. If the article is correct, we might get a million dose of Pfizer around March, who knows about Sinovac and how many will be willing to take that one. Astra won't be until the summer. It will take a few months to vaccinate so very best case is September-October if there are no issues. I expect there will be issues so I figure end of the year.

Press Conference by Dr. Chuang Shuk Kwan
    January 3rd 2021
    Updated at 1645
    Dr. Chuang of CHP announced as of midnight last night there were (8925-8965)
    41 newly confirmed cases in total.
    There are 24 local cases with previous links.
    There are 16 local cases with no previous links.
    1 cases is imported
    As of 4pm today there are around 30 preliminary cases.
    22 patients are Male and 19 patients are Female
    Ages of the patients range from 9 years old to 82 years old
    HOSPITAL AUTHORITY (HA)
    As of 9:00am on January 3rd
    Patients in hospital: 733 in 23 hospitals and Asia-World Expo
    Patients in critical condition: 49
    Patients in serious condition: 43
    Patients discharged: 43
    IMPORTED CASES
    Total Persons 1
    #8962 - Student from the United Kingdom who tested positive on day 12
    LOCAL CASES
    CASES WITH PREVIOUS LINKS:
    Total Persons 24
    Clusters:
    Tseung Kwan O - Lam Tin Tunnel:
    New additional cases today: 1
    #8955 tested positive yesterday who is a scaffolding supervisor at this construction site. CHP asked that all the workers who work there go get tested again. So far an additional 10 people have tested preliminary positive and construction work has been stopped. Dr. Chaung said the previous 27 people who tested positive at this construction site were mainly steel workers. This time this group are scaffolders so this is a different cluster.
    Work had previously stopped because of Covid-19 outbreak from December 9th - December 27th. Dr. Chaung also added there are approximately 1000-1500 construction workers on this construction site.
    Kowloon Bay Health Centre & Alice Ho Miu Ling Nethersole Nursing Home
    New cases today :1
    There are now 2 staff and 2 residents that have now tested positive
    Residential Buildings:
    There are two new buildings that need to be included in the mandatory testing scheme as two unrelated units have tested positive:
    Un Chau Estate Un Shing House, 303 Un Chau St, Cheung Sha Wan
    Tsui Lam Estate Fai Lam House, Tsui Lam Rd, Tseung Kwan O
    CASES WITH NO PREVIOUS LINKS:
    Total Persons : 16

WTF, become a mind reader, __before__ the press conference journalists now have to submit written questions before hearing the content!

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ng-journalists

Last edited by JAherbert; 04-01-2021 at 12:57 PM. Reason: added link

4-1-2021 -- maybe 50 cases

They’ve u-turned on the press conference. Preview is outdated but they’re back to normal again.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ng-journalists