Like Tree33Likes

Jan 04 - 50+ Cases Expected + Covid News

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I can accept an extension.

But two weeks? And to cancel school already until CNY?

Far too early to call it. Reasoning because of the festive holidays, people visiting each other more. Hate to break it to the government, but everyone was visiting others long before the festive season, it is one of a few things we can do!

Sage likes this.

The case involves a domestic short-hair cat whose owner lives in Lam Tin. It was sent to the AFCD for quarantine on December 27.

It emphasised that currently there is no evidence that pets are playing a role in the spread of COVID-19 among humans.
    If pets don't spread coronavirus why are we sending them to quarantine? Is that another of those "scientific" approaches?

https://www.news.gov.hk/eng/2021/01/...ml?type=ticker
    MABinPengChau likes this.

This whole online / in person conference thing bugs the hell out me. I'm not sure why the govt has never been able to simulcast its press conferences in multiple languages in multiple social media.

Seems easily possible given my small experiments with streaming to YouTube in English and embedding that stream on Twitter etc.

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiga:
    I can accept an extension.

But two weeks? And to cancel school already until CNY?

Far too early to call it. Reasoning because of the festive holidays, people visiting each other more. Hate to break it to the government, but everyone was visiting others long before the festive season, it is one of a few things we can do!
    From a pedagogical perspective it makes sense to make a decision ahead of time and stick with it. The teachers need time to adapt and plan according to the mode of delivery. I'm quite amazed that the teachers are managing with this on off nonsense all along. Quite tough!

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    If pets don't spread coronavirus why are we sending them to quarantine? Is that another of those "scientific" approaches?

https://www.news.gov.hk/eng/2021/01/...ml?type=ticker
    I think it does more harm than good to treat pets like this. If pet owners come down with symptoms, they might think to put the interest of their pets first instead of seeking treatment /testing... I know I'm terrified of my pets ending up with AFCD. And how long would the process be with this ultra cautious approach? One month locked up?
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

I am sure this should be elsewhere - Shri I did try to find a Global Jan Virus Thread???/

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-55531069

Rumours England won't be too far behind

And this second one infuriates me

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lancashire-55530194

in particular this piece 'Mr Harrison warned "fines would be forthcoming" if people continue to ignore coronavirus restrictions.' Less talk more action is needed

hullexile likes this.

Well you know some people might feel like their rights are being infringed and freedom curtailed

Original Post Deleted

I'm not going to say anything about Cummings, when Wills. and Kate made pointless taxpayer funded journeys on the royal train to visit beleaguered NHS. hospitals around the country to "up morale and praise their hardwork and risk jeopardizing work of staff and patient care." At last Cummings was forthcoming about his misdemeanors.
    GentleGeorge and Mary 2 like this.