Like Tree11Likes

BioNTech Vaccine Approved for Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Need to look on taobao for one of those booklets...
    Go get a tetanus booster anywhere and you can get a legit one. Granted that considering that this vaccine might confer advantages, I can see a thriving black market of fake vaccination certificate in some countries but hey, I can create 100 PCR test certificates with different names/dates/numbers etc... in a manner of minutes and they haven't created a worldwide triple encrypted super app linked to the WHO, the United Nations and the Red Cross for that either.

I think the reason this is not taking off is because the "value" of the vaccine for the traveller is precisely zero. The value of the vaccine is only for the country - and only then if enough have been vaccinated to provide herd immunity.

Why do I say this? Well, if you think about it, who is the same (sereologically) as a vaccinated person? That is, possibly able to get sick but if they do only very mildly, possibly able to transmit but nobody is sure? Basically that's a kindergarten kid.

And we all know how that's working out.

Baklava likes this.

From Wuhan, some advice for Hong Kong

"I mentioned about the direct reporting system on Weibo, but this content was screened out... China's self-media is well-developed and people are free to speak, but there are some topics you should be careful about," he said.

Yu said he has now been inoculated against the virus with a vaccine manufactured on the mainland. He said Hong Kong people should also get China jabs, saying these are "more reliable" traditional inactivated virus vaccines, unlike vaccines developed by overseas drug manufacturers using more modern techniques.

"One has to promote political ideologies, but I feel there is too much of it. When it comes to fighting a pandemic and curing diseases ... there is too much politics," he said.

"Hong Kong people should get the mainland-made vaccines, because they are inactivated. They are made in a traditional way. Overseas RNA vaccines are made with new technologies, and there are a lot of uncertainties," he said.

https://twitter.com/rthk_enews/statu...31279362297859

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    From Wuhan, some advice for Hong Kong

https://twitter.com/rthk_enews/statu...31279362297859
    Let the flock follow the shepherd, leaving the pastures free.
    Jackie1 likes this.

I'm sure this post will change the majority of HK people that have very very little trust about whatever comes out of China. HK people you must love the motherland! Maybe he should encourage people to start buying Chine milk formula too

It is true that the RNA vaccines are new technology and it would be prudent to avoid these initially as this is the first time a vaccine is using RNA technology, better to take a wait and see approach. Especially when the manufacturers have been given indemnity by the multiple governments. Pfizer have not given a time period for how long a vaccination lasts, it may be possible for injections to be an annual thing.

It is also true that the sino vaccine is not doing too well, vaccinated people are contacting the virus and spreading the virus but at least it is the using traditional vaccinating techniques.

There should be a middle ground, using traditional technology and made with higher efficacy rates.

Johnson & Johnson vaccine is a middle ground - adenovirus-based single dose, refrigerator temperature. Phase 3 results due by end of Q1 but it’s already in production so ready to ship on approval.

https://www.pharmacytimes.com/news/i...ws-90-efficacy

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Johnson & Johnson vaccine is a middle ground - adenovirus-based single dose, refrigerator temperature. Phase 3 results due by end of Q1 but it’s already in production so ready to ship on approval.

https://www.pharmacytimes.com/news/i...ws-90-efficacy
    No more tears....
    KEM.UK likes this.

If you want lowest theoretical risk it r I'll has to be novovax which the Australians purchased : Johnson and Johnson is still a albeit weaken viral vector with the risks they entail : it's still injection of viral dna into your body which makes it only one step upstream of the Rna : DNA makes Rna makes protein : where as Novovax is the actual spike protein no genetic material whatsoever' Johnson and Johnson just more stable and more immune respond with single dose :

Quote Originally Posted by topworld:

There should be a middle ground, using traditional technology and made with higher efficacy rates.
    Sputnik V