• 2 Post By bdw
  • 5 Post By hullexile

Joshua Wongs family has left for Australia

Closed Thread

Joshua Wongs family has left for Australia

This and a few more links to follow.

https://twitter.com/TMclaughlin3/sta...051145733?s=20

https://twitter.com/JeromeTaylor/sta...866181632?s=20

Last edited by shri; 19-01-2021 at 11:11 AM.

How can HK still call itself "Asia's World City" when the city's political dissidents have to flee for exile abroad?

john_1122, spode, rs4 and 2 others like this.

How is this possible if Australia’s own residents are struggling to get home on quotas? Or are they all tennis players?

oh crap, China's going to be even more pissed with us now, slap a few more tarrifs on Australian products

chuckster007 and ramelec like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    How is this possible if Australia’s own residents are struggling to get home on quotas? Or are they all tennis players?
    Their own citizens are at the bottom of the list. My friend is now approaching one year separated from his wife and daughter because he flew at the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Their own citizens are at the bottom of the list. My friend is now approaching one year separated from his wife and daughter because he flew at the wrong time.
    Does the report say when they left HK? This kind of information isn't always public. Joshua is still here... surely his family must be hurting to separate like this; or perhaps they feel they can help him more from Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Does the report say when they left HK? This kind of information isn't always public. Joshua is still here... surely his family must be hurting to separate like this; or perhaps they feel they can help him more from Australia.
    I am sure they are hurting and I feel sorry for them. I feel more sorry for Australians who are separated from their families though because of the policy of the Australian government. I agree with controlling borders but this policy is inhumane.

This is why I’m curious of all the conspiracy theories that vaccine delay and social distancing is to prevent protesting. The cost to those in the protest movement is quite high, they’ve all exiled or been repeatedly arrested. Am I naive to think not so many would participate in the near future?