Like Tree79Likes

"No Ethnic Minority" Food Delivery Requests

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

The "height" of racism.

This left me speechless!!!

https://coconuts.co/hongkong/news/no...acist-comment/

shri, chuckster007 and East_coast like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    lol, why are you surprised? Have you seen locals when they choose where to sit in a bus or MTR? They always avoid Indians and Pakistanis.
    chuckster007 and tf19 like this.

Not that it really matters but the person who did the discriminating mentioned in the above article is not a local. They've already been doxxed in one of the Twitter threads and it's a Mainland lady who works at Goldman.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Not that it really matters but the person who did the discriminating mentioned in the above article is not a local. They've already been doxxed in one of the Twitter threads and it's a Mainland lady who works at Goldman.
    If there is anyone worse than HK locals.... it's mainlanders ! I don't think they even know racism is a "thing". What with the no blacks in McDonalds restaurants in Guangdong etc. Or adverts with black people jumping into washing machines and coming out Chinese.....
    Natfixit likes this.

I guess a 5 minute diversity training video is in someone's distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    If there is anyone worse than HK locals.... it's mainlanders !
    Soooo not ok to ask for non ethnic delivery driver but ok to paint all hker and mainlanders as racists. Got it... It's nice when you make up the rules about what one should be outraged about...

Racism: a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

You know kind of like when people think of themselves superior because they would not judge people because of their race... except for the fact that locals and mainlanders are all racists, that doesn't count because you know...it's true. Oups swing and a miss

How trustworthy is this?

On the face of it, it plays to two popular prejudices, but the likelihood of Deliveroo customer info leaking like this is pretty low.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    How trustworthy is this?

On the face of it, it plays to two popular prejudices, but the likelihood of Deliveroo customer info leaking like this is pretty low.
    The delivery driver posted a screenshot of the delivery request including their name and address.

I'm not gonna post it here because I don't want to be complicit in the doxxing but it's easy to find on twitter.
    shri, jgl and HK_Katherine like this.

No more soup for them! (at least not without suspicion of added 'ingredients')

aw451, Sith and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    If there is anyone worse than HK locals.... it's mainlanders ! I don't think they even know racism is a "thing". What with the no blacks in McDonalds restaurants in Guangdong etc. Or adverts with black people jumping into washing machines and coming out Chinese.....
    My favourite quote of all time, that I repeat ad nauseum whenever the topic arrises:

Spokesperson of Chengdu Universtity Students Union upon being asked about racism in China.

"China doesn't have any problems with racism, because we don't have any black people"
    shri, Sith and HK_Katherine like this.