Like Tree131Likes

Covid: Jan 24-31st - 31st - 50+ Cases Expected

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10

How miraculously convenient

4 of the imported cases arrived on Jan 29th via CX796. As there were only 4 cases, the flight does not reach the threshold of 5 cases to require a flight ban.

6 from Indonesia, 1 from Russia 1 from Philippines

I think the 9th is a convenient day 19 positive from Indonesia- frankly I don’t believe any of that rubbish. A convenient excuse thrown in every 7-10 days to justify the 21 days

Even if every two weeks someone tests positive on day 19, why not let everyone do what they do in TW- "extended self monitoring" until day 21 where you aren't supposed to go to restaurants and the movies (yes, we have both of these in TW, even at night!). Then make everyone go off to the community test center at day 19 during this week of monitoring and you will still find the one or two rare positive cases.

I am surprised that I am (still) not required to undergo any testing in TW, not upon landing, not at day 10/12/14 whatever. Just need the negative test before boarding...

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    How miraculously convenient

4 of the imported cases arrived on Jan 29th via CX796. As there were only 4 cases, the flight does not reach the threshold of 5 cases to require a flight ban.

6 from Indonesia, 1 from Russia 1 from Philippines

I think the 9th is a convenient day 19 positive from Indonesia- frankly I don’t believe any of that rubbish. A convenient excuse thrown in every 7-10 days to justify the 21 days
    Are you saying you believe the government is aware of a 5th case from the CX flight? If so where is that person?

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Are you saying you believe the government is aware of a 5th case from the CX flight? If so where is that person?
    Nope but I strongly suspect CX has escaped bans where others have received them. They had consecrate flights (same flight number) and redefined no ban shortly after others received bans for the same thing (not Emirates which was for poor paperwork)

Bummer, this lockdown won't fit the HK government only persecutes the poor and the foreigners story line...Oh well, I'm sure some of you will find a way.

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...on-Laguna-City

Press Conference by Dr. Chuang Shuk Kwan

January 31st 2021

Updated at 1645
    Dr. Chuang of CHP announced as of midnight last night there were (10401-10453)
    53 newly confirmed cases in total.
    There are 27 local cases with previous links.
    There are 17 local cases with no previous links.
    9 cases are imported

As of 4pm there are more than 20 preliminary cases

23 patients are Male and 30 patients are Female
    Ages of the patients range from 1 years old to 85 years old

HOSPITAL AUTHORITY (HA)
    As of 9:00am on January 31st
    Patients in hospital: 765 in 22 hospitals and Asia-World Expo
    Patients in critical condition: 28
    Patients in serious condition: 38
    Patients discharged: 61
    Deaths in Public Hospitals in Hong Kong: 176
    HA regrets to announce the passing of 3 patients:
    #9643 - A 46 year old female with a chronic illness was admitted to Queen Elizabeth Hospital on January 18th. She passed away yesterday at 1815. May she Rest In Peace.
    #6913 - A 83 year old male patient was admitted to Alice Ho Miu Ling Nethersole Hospital on December for 6th. He passed away yesterday at 2003. May he Rest In Peace.
    #9063- A 95 year old male with a chronic illness was admitted to he United Christian Hospital on January 6th with a shortness of breath. He tested positive for Covid 19 in the hospital. He passed away yesterday at 2138. May he Rest In Peace.

IMPORTED CASES:
    Total Persons:9
    Dr. Chuang said most of the passengers arrived on January 29th.
    6X Indonesia. 1 person arrived on Jan 10 (Day 19 test positive)
    2X Philippines
    1X Russia

LOCAL CASES:
    CASES RELATED WITH PREVIOUS LINKS:
    Total Persons: 23
    Clusters:
    Hong Kong International Airport - 3rd Runway Construction Site
    New cases today: 4
    A total of 15 people have now tested positive.
    Residential Buildings:
    There are several new buildings that needs to be included in the mandatory testing scheme as two unrelated units have tested positive.
    -元朗合財街19號鉅發大廈1座
    -天水圍天恆邨恆樂樓
    -油麻地新填地街159號
    -旺角渡船街252號富景洋樓
    -佐敦廟街165-167號
    -渡船角文昌街1-7號文蔚樓
    -深水埗鴨寮街258號
    -紅磡機利士南路37號機利士大廈
    -紅磡寶其利街28號寶源大廈
    CASES WITH NO PREVIOUS LINKS: 17

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Nope but I strongly suspect CX has escaped bans where others have received them. They had consecrate flights (same flight number) and redefined no ban shortly after others received bans for the same thing (not Emirates which was for poor paperwork)
    CX getting preferential treatment is very different from suggesting the government is hiding positive cases arriving on CX flights.

The HK government is certainly not capable of pulling off that level of chicanery. So when people post this types of theories it’s worth actually thinking about how it would be done and if that’s even vaguely realistic first.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10