Like Tree106Likes

Ambush Lockdown - Tung Fat Building in North Point

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

You’re a bit too much of an optimist is why. If the HKPF provoking premature delivery from a supporter of the HK police isn’t enough to wake people up, unfairness to people who aren’t themselves or their loved ones certainly won’t. Can’t even shake learned helplessness of the few greens, but we can all see what’s going on...

MABinPengChau likes this.

I watch the long version of this video yesterday on youtube but I feel for the old geezer with white cap at the 0.11 second mark, he saw the police running and he ran into the cordoned off area LOL talk about going the wrong way, in the long version video he tries to leave but wasnt allowed. Poor Oldie.

https://www.facebook.com/standnewshk...49901235860597

MABinPengChau, shri and Jillypots like this.

But think! Now he gets free government Spam and Cup Noodles and other bountiful gifts (bottled water maybe?). Plus a totally free covid test!

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    But think! Now he gets free government Spam and Cup Noodles and other bountiful gifts (bottled water maybe?). Plus a totally free covid test!
    And don’t forget the “ease of mind”!
    And immunity from the fine.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...abChangeable=0

sorry screwed up again - that should have been on quote on Shri's comment

Hmmmm, i'm not entirely convinced on this one. If there's a compulsory order requiring a test by 2am surely the prudent thing, having heard nothing by 130am, would have been to start asking questions to mitigate any possible chance of being in breach?

That said Benny Hill would be proud of some the latest antics on these 'lockdowns'.

The Government are building bridges, but it is the non-concrete bridges that they should be building and the money being thrown at such white elephants would be

a) better directed at the immediate help for people under short term enforced lockdown

b) Some kind of enquiry/action in relation to living conditions forl those less privileged than most

c) Some kind of action against the landlords of these places given them a period to bring accommodation up to an acceptable standard or face penal fines and confinement

Jillypots likes this.

Not sure if this video was posted earlier

https://twitter.com/Comparativist/st...96092673671172

Last edited by shri; 04-02-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    sorry screwed up again - that should have been on quote on Shri's comment

Hmmmm, i'm not entirely convinced on this one. If there's a compulsory order requiring a test by 2am surely the prudent thing, having heard nothing by 130am, would have been to start asking questions to mitigate any possible chance of being in breach?

That said Benny Hill would be proud of some the latest antics on these 'lockdowns'.

The Government are building bridges, but it is the non-concrete bridges that they should be building and the money being thrown at such white elephants would be

a) better directed at the immediate help for people under short term enforced lockdown

b) Some kind of enquiry/action in relation to living conditions forl those less privileged than most

c) Some kind of action against the landlords of these places given them a period to bring accommodation up to an acceptable standard or face penal fines and confinement
    If there's a compulsory order requiring a test by 2am
    I’m curious why you think they knew a test was required by 2am, especially given your own personal experience with the communication of quarantine requirements, the supposed voluntary approach of the testing station “when they heard lockdown was ending” and what you make of the claim by the authorities of an unanswered knock on their gates which they say there is security camera footage has captured none of?

Perhaps our own suffering or those like us is always much less unconvincing than those of tribes one feels one doesn’t belong to.
    TaD_LaLa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BCD:
    I wonder if they tested the sewage at the North Point building. Seems more sensible to use that to determine if more testing in the building is required.
    Testing can be carried out at the Dock where the raw sewage, plumbed into the storm drainage system, ejects directly into the sea.

If you go to Shaukeiwan typhoon shelter it's possible to smell and sometimes see the human excrement floating into Victoria Harbour. This attracts shoals of fish so its a popular place for fishing. I haven't noticed catch and release so I guess they're eaten.
    jimbo_jones and Jillypots like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    I’m curious why you think they knew a test was required by 2am, especially given your own personal experience with the communication of quarantine requirements, the supposed voluntary approach of the testing station “when they heard lockdown was ending” and what you make of the claim by the authorities of an unanswered knock on their gates which they say there is security camera footage has captured none of?

Perhaps our own suffering or those like us is always much less unconvincing than those of tribes one feels one doesn’t belong to.
    i based that on Shri’s comment extracted here - sorry for inability to quote

They were then each given a HK$5,000 fine, because government workers said they had not taken the tests before a 2am deadline.

now I’m assuming that anyone in the lockdown zone would have been told or served with a compulsory order telling them of this deadline. Also maybe it’s just me but having been served with my quarantine order i scrutinised it and did some online research.

Yeah, I don't think lockdown is that organized...not like our neat quarantine orders on entering HK...

And, given that the messenger is the HK police, I can well imagine the message may have been, umm, ineptly conveyed.