Like Tree36Likes

CNY Bomb Threat Foiled

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I'm imagining there is a team of actuaries working on gaugeing the general sentiment of the population and calculating when the best time to look for bombs.

The article is light on details as to whether they were raw materials or Chinese New Year fireworks which are, incidentally, bombs.

Skyhook and MABinPengChau like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    I reckon it's fabricated bullshit by the po po also. HK people just aren't wound enough to do this. Dropping acid from atop one of the buildings on passersby walking below, sure, but all the logistical intricacies of fucking around with this style of bomb is screaming loudly on my BULLSHIT meter.

A 5 tonne light truck full of 20kg LPG gas bottles and a simple timed or remote controlled detonator would be a lot simpler and look a lot less conspicuous as lpg bottles are delivered all over HK and the New Territories.

Yeah nup, the PO PO are bullshitting through their little asses.
    Iirc most if not all the firearm finds so far were models used by the police (AR-15, hollow-point bullets). Similarly, looking back at the original thread this was posted, the police sure do seem to know which boxes to treat as suspicious and which to ignore. I remember one case during the protests where for some instance where they paused their clearance operation due to a suspicious looking styrofoam box or something and got the robot to destroy it while there were likely hundreds of similar styrofoam boxes used as roadblocks that they kicked out of the way during clearance operations.
    Skyhook, Coolboy, Mcdavid and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    I'm imagining there is a team of actuaries working on gaugeing the general sentiment of the population and calculating when the best time to look for bombs.

The article is light on details as to whether they were raw materials or Chinese New Year fireworks which are, incidentally, bombs.
    There is a telephone real-id-sim consultation ... and this is one of the threats why they need real ids.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    There is a telephone real-id-sim consultation ... and this is one of the threats why they need real ids.
    Sorry, I have trouble keeping track of the existential threats in what appears to be one of the most dangerous cities in the world despite one of the lowest violent crime rates in the world.
    MABinPengChau and Skyhook like this.

Good job nobody loses their phones or has them stolen in Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Sorry, I have trouble keeping track of the existential threats in what appears to be one of the most dangerous cities in the world despite one of the lowest violent crime rates in the world.
    Wait for the next arrest featuring someone who abused their pets and posted videos online using an anonymous sim.
    aw451, timonoj and MABinPengChau like this.

What with the border lockdown I imagine locals are probably trying to make there own firecracker's! Didn't the article say most of the ingredients are used in fireworks?

Quote Originally Posted by William06:
    What with the border lockdown I imagine locals are probably trying to make there own firecracker's! Didn't the article say most of the ingredients are used in fireworks?
    Quite sure there are plenty of local supplies...

https://twitter.com/tripperhead/stat...947485187?s=20

Quite sure there are plenty of local supplies...

https://twitter.com/tripperhead/stat...947485187?s=20
    but some of the supplies will be patriotic.
    MatthieuTofu likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2