Like Tree202Likes

LeaveHomeSafe - No longer "Voluntary"

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    The government had better start forcing people to scan QR codes at dance clubs such as Starlight and 141 apartments, since that's where the wave that hit our city for the last three months began. Please tell me why the government you blindly support hasn't done that.
    Typical response... Find ways the government has done poorly to make excuses for poor behavior. Even if governments were perfect and none are, people act out of self interest to do whatever the hell suits them better. That's why it's a global pandemic, not because the HK, Chinese, UK, or US government had bad policy but it's always easier to put the blame somewhere else. Even if the government had a magic wand and made it go away, there would be people complaining about where the wand came from or what the effect would be on the ecosystem or how unfair it is to destroy a living thing like the virus.

And you don't have to look far to find posts where I didn't like government policies starting with their useless vaccine procurement but hey that doesn't suit your little tirade right?
    Last edited by Aramis; 19-02-2021 at 04:45 PM.
    Fenix2 likes this.

Last edited by aw451; 19-02-2021 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Don't feed the troll

I think you suffer from severe cognitive dissonance. You're complaining about blaming other people then in the next sentence you blame everyone who is not either you or the government.

People with your mentality are the real virus in this city.
    Yeah people like you who act poorly and justify their selfish acts by pointing out failings are so much better... Fear not, if you write a false name and number on a sport I'm involved with, I'll be happy to rat any of you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    Yeah people like you who act poorly and justify their selfish acts by pointing out failings are so much better... Fear not, if you write a false name and number on a sport I'm involved with, I'll be happy to rat any of you out.
    Please look in the mirror. You joined an expat forum just to argue with people.

Please look in the mirror. You joined an expat forum just to argue with people.

Says the guy who first decided to respond to my post and continues to do so...

There's a pandemic going on, people have lost their jobs or are not being able to work, the government tries something thay admittedly is not perfect but is meant to help in reopening businesses then people are discussing ways they will scam the system purely out of self interest and I'm supposed to be the problem, the "virus". Yeah sure OK pal whatever you say. We're done here... Hope I get to rat you out someday.
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I am not justifying the quarantine rules but as I have no power to change them, I take control of what I can. Your forceful posting here will not make any difference to the policies in HK. And like I said, it’s odd to want to leave fake details at the sports center when many people advocating lying to deter contact tracing are easily identifiable on Geo based on what they voluntarily post!

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    I am not justifying the quarantine rules but as I have no power to change them, I take control of what I can. Your forceful posting here will not make any difference to the policies in HK. And like I said, it’s odd to want to leave fake details at the sports center when many people advocating lying to deter contact tracing are easily identifiable on Geo based on what they voluntarily post!
    Who are you referring to that you can identify from Geo?

Original Post Deleted
    I think I am right in saying on behalf of us in the anti-camp that if we had more cast iron assurances that QR tracking was wholly independent and limited to just contact tracing and mandatory testing then the vast majority of us would get the app in an instant.

We are not trying to be clever, we are still trying to be Covid cautious but not at the expense of complete unknowns where the depths of the Apps current possibilities and usage are unknown and certainly don't 'appear to be' independent.

Also I still don't believe that in its incessant and unrealistic drive for zero cases the government won't insist that contact cases to a positive tester won't immediately be summoned to mandatory gov't facility QT without any testing beforehand
    Sage and HK_Katherine like this.

Looks like we’re trapped in this open-close-open-close hell for a lot longer then. Sigh.

The flip side of all that is that if indeed someone gets infected, he/she can't get notified of the risk and then goes around spreading it with friends, family and coworkers and potentially sending a whole pile more people into quarantine just like one moron did during CNY.

And if everyone has the same approach then it's more likely restaurants, gyms, salons etc will get shut down again and sooner... The workers employed at these businesses will all very grateful of you carrying the torch against the evil HK government and the puppet masters of the CCP and hey you stuck it to the man so it's all worth it...

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast