Like Tree110Likes

HK Vaccination News

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

HK Vaccination News

Moving this out from another vaccination related thread - as there are some new announcements scheduled for today.

My understanding is that organisations like Central Health can "help" with the vaccination programs and specifically for the Pfizer vaccine - they will not have them available at their clinics, but will provide manpower at the govt operated community vaccination centers.

Private doctors will not be able to provide the Pfizer vaccinations at their private clinics. This might change if the "cold chain" logistics are reviewed and changed over the next few weeks following yesterday's announcements from Pfizer and probably US / WHO changes in guidelines.

Here's what the press release from this morning says:

To mobilise sufficient medical manpower to support the smooth operations of the many CVCs, the Government will partner with the HA and a number of healthcare professional bodies, medical organisations and private hospitals (collectively as "partner healthcare organisations" thereafter) to take charge of the medical-related tasks at the CVCs.

The partner healthcare organisations participating in the operation of the CVCs must be of a certain scale with medical network, ability to mobilise staff as well as resources.

The Government had earlier issued invitations to 40-plus healthcare organisations which meet the aforesaid criteria (not including public medical organisations) and chose the partner healthcare organisations out of the 17 proposals received. The locations, number of vaccination booths and partner healthcare organisations for operating the 29 CVCs are stated at Annex1.
    Regarding the operational arrangements at the CVCs, the Government will be responsible for the booking, registration, waiting, management, venue, ancillary facilities, equipment and consumables, etc for the CVCs, as well as the storage of the vaccines and arranging sufficient doses for vaccination.

The partner healthcare organisation will provide the medical staff to administer the vaccines for members of the public and also handle medical-related tasks, including dilution of the vaccines (if applicable), providing emergency medical services, explaining medical information and handling of enquiries, as well as the medical support at the vaccination booths and resting areas, etc.
    Apart from providing vaccination services of Sinovac and Fosun Pharma/BioNTech vaccines at CVCs, the Government will also provide the Sinovac vaccine to members of the public at over 1 500 clinics operated by over 1 200 private doctors who participate in the Vaccination Programme. The list of participating private doctors and clinics will be uploaded to the designated website of the Vaccination Programme later.
    The DH will host a briefing on February 23 for participating private doctors on the concrete details of the Vaccination Programme, including that each private doctor will be allocated a certain number of doses of the Sinovac vaccine at the onset. After the first batch of doses was used, the private doctors may make orders according to their needs.
    Press Release:

https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...1022300042.htm
    Last edited by shri; 23-02-2021 at 08:53 AM.

Unable to access the website this morning - just goes to a blank page.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Unable to access the website this morning - just goes to a blank page.
    at 1.03 pm it is working, shows waiting room with 48 mins

So, yeah, this is why I'm not all that concerned about LeaveHomeSafe...the data is going to a black hole or to somewhere that has already crashed on the government side of things...doubt they can even notify people who have had contact with positive cases let alone spy on me...

Original Post Deleted
    Unfortunately, in this case it is like voluntary voting during an election - if it is going to be so hard then I'm not doing it.

Perhaps an element of psychology, but more likely just not enough capacity. At least they put a queue system in rather than the page falling over...

Must say that quite a lot of what I've been reading and hearing from UK based doctors makes me quite comfortable and even optimistic on the Chinese vaccine. There's so much basis difference in the effectiveness figures flying around. mRNA vaccines are really clever but don't really confer any advantage in principle except saving the manufacture of inactivated virus (some say the removal of commercial risk was used as an opportunity by moderna etc to test/prove the concept but otherwise it never would have been done that way), and arguably an old school inactivated virus vaccine may prove better against future variants as it triggers a broader “whole virus” immune response, vs just a spike protein response from most of the clever ones.

However, you have to weigh all that against the pathological lack of transparency on anything coming of of Beijing. Sputnik might be the way to go...

merchantms likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    Perhaps an element of psychology, but more likely just not enough capacity. At least they put a queue system in rather than the page falling over...

Must say that quite a lot of what I've been reading and hearing from UK based doctors makes me quite comfortable and even optimistic on the Chinese vaccine. There's so much basis difference in the effectiveness figures flying around. mRNA vaccines are really clever but don't really confer any advantage in principle except saving the manufacture of inactivated virus (some say the removal of commercial risk was used as an opportunity by moderna etc to test/prove the concept but otherwise it never would have been done that way), and arguably an old school inactivated virus vaccine may prove better against future variants as it triggers a broader “whole virus” immune response, vs just a spike protein response from most of the clever ones.

However, you have to weigh all that against the pathological lack of transparency on anything coming of of Beijing. Sputnik might be the way to go...
    I’ve also heard a few US/UK based doctors and science reporters saying they are fairly confident Sinovac/Sinopharm are effective because there’s very little that can go wrong with an inactivated virus vaccine and we have a lot of history of their use.

The issue is the lack of transparency - is their quality control issue? Hence why the trial results vary so wildly?

Original Post Deleted
    Only 60+ and health workers are eligible right now. I’m glad for all 60,000 of them and may we have many more. Cheer up this is good news.

Whilst I logged on shortly after midnight last night, it initially showed a 7 min wait, which went down to 1 min, thereafter it went up to 9 mins....

after waiting just over 30 mins, I was able to enter the system...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast