Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Single digits baby. Let's open up the pools and go to the beach

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    and Children's playgrounds

and Children's playgrounds
    ... and schools ffs. What are we waiting for?

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...xpands-testing

An upscale Hong Kong shopping centre has moved to end its tenancy agreement with a Chinese restaurant at the centre of a recent coronavirus
    outbreak, while the city confirmed 13 new infections on Tuesday.
    “Previously, only those people who had been to Mr Ming’s Chinese Dining and scanned the code … would be notified,” he told a local radio show. “But as the situation developed, and after taking expert advice into account, we decided to notify customers at the other shops as well.”

Sit urged anyone receiving a notification to go for screening as soon as possible, later adding that updating the app to include notifications for mandatory testing would take one to two weeks.
    Meanwhile, among Tuesday’s untraceable infections was an employee of the University of Science and Technology whose case could be related to a patient who was confirmed with the coronavirus in Shanghai on Sunday. The patient arrived in Hong Kong from Shenzhen using the “Return2hk Scheme” on February 17, and was exempted from undergoing quarantine after testing negative for Covid-19 the day before.
    So, my takeaways from this are that any successful contact tracing related to a superspreading event will reflect poorly on a place that has those records, the fears of creeping pervasiveness and escalating levels of obligation connected with use of the app were not misplaced, and meanwhile Hong Kong can continue to import the virus, as all animals are equal, but some more so than others.

Remembering that keeping spread to a minimum requires cooperation and compliance, can’t imagine anything going wrong here...
    Sage, MatthieuTofu, pin and 1 others like this.

This should be an interesting one to follow:

https://twitter.com/gmleunghku/statu...175591426?s=20

Meanwhile, has anyone heard anything about a Lan Kwai Fong case? Not sure if I heard something yesterday about a prelim (?) positive who was about and about in LKF over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Meanwhile, has anyone heard anything about a Lan Kwai Fong case? Not sure if I heard something yesterday about a prelim (?) positive who was about and about in LKF over the weekend.
    Yep it was on Aaron's Twitter yesterday (the one with the pic of Peel Street). Given the links are broken it states

'23/F sales clerk at a fitness centre. Visited bars in LKF and Soho during the infectious period. As a result all gyms will close with effect from 4 March 2021.'

OK I made the last sentence up

Among them was a 23-year-old saleswoman at a fitness centre in Central who had visited a bar in the Lan Kwai Fong nightlife area.
    Also in the SCMP article. Source I am less confident relying on mentioned “bars in LKF and Soho”.

(Clarification - Noted Aaron’s twitter mentioned above posted before I saw it, not the source I was thinking of.)

1. 47-year-old man (case number: 11061) who developed fever on March 1. His sample collected on March 3 was tested positive. He is a clerical staff. He last went to work on March 3.
    Who are the people STILL going to work with a fever? There is very little flu this year due to all the social distancing, enhanced hygiene, and mask wearing. If you have a fever, it's a good chance it is covid, now all your coworkers are off to quarantine. At least in my office everyone knows the danger your put your coworkers in and knows enough to stay away if there is a fever or other symptoms...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast