Like Tree66Likes

HK Vaccines: Deaths Causes Unknown

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

HK Vaccines: Deaths Causes Unknown

https://twitter.com/BakaChocolate/st...918032387?s=19
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Apparently they are making an announcement at 00:30. I suspect/hope they will announce a suspension of Sinovac vaccination until the cause of death has been determined. As I have said before, I am very happy to let guinea pigs test vaccines for several more months, I'm in no hurry to participate in a science experiment when the risks of infection is low and the risk of getting sick even lower. No rush at all...

JAherbert, hannah01 and tura like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    Apparently they are making an announcement at 00:30. I suspect/hope they will announce a suspension of Sinovac vaccination until the cause of death has been determined.
    Listened to the press conference at 12:30am, head of Department of Health said Sinovac vaccination program still to go ahead.
    shri likes this.

People will vote with their arm, but at this stage one death does not make a crisis

marshall24 likes this.

Of course one death which could be totally coincidental does not necessarily mean anything is wrong with the vaccine. That being said, there are several concerns with this incident starting with the delay in the announcement and the fact that apparently the hospital didn't know the patient had received the vaccine which points to problems in documentation.

There are already concerns in the population with the lack of transparency with Sinovac studies coupled with the poor reputation of Chinese products/quality control. It would make sense for the government to alleviate these concerns by being as transparent as possible with how this death occurred. The patient had health issues but was not that old and able to get vaccination on his own as well as going to the hospital.

I would have thought that a pause might have been wise but perhaps they already have enough information not to be concerned, I would hope that they will share this promptly if it's the case. Not that I will ever get Sinovac but if the program is to have some success, it would likely be beneficial.

If more people start flopping over the vaccine, we know there are problems with it. For now it seems isolated, could be the guy had some unknown pre-existing condition that the vaccine triggered a side effect.

One death in Japan after Pfizer vaccine

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2...k-for-now.html

Last edited by shri; 03-03-2021 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Switched to something other than Dimsum .. :)

Now some are saying the death is not related to the vaccine:

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...abChangeable=0

Dont trust the Chinese vaccine. Not after their long history of creating fake meds including baby milk! They love to create copies of everything! Even vaccines!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast