Like Tree18Likes

March 13: Covid Testing Locations

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

March 13: Covid Testing Locations

We're on the list, but struggling with our local government clinic. Needed to have submitted it before 11:00 am. Tomorrow closed. So we'll have to pack up, get on crowded public transportation, and travel around one hour to go to an open clinic... hmm!

Anyone know, if you test positive and receive the results the next day, how quickly do they come and whisk you off? I'm signed up to be vaccinated on Tuesday... just wondering if I can time things to ensure I make that appointment. (Again, shit, shit week, want to be free to travel home at any moment now, ideally vaccinated... not trying to be uncooperative and screw society...)

There are still slots at the community test centres tomorrow, they tend to be quite efficient. Yau Ma Tei, Lai King close to MTR exit or easily reachable by taxi. https://www.communitytest.gov.hk/en/ Test result should get back typically within 24 - 30 hours (they will tell you up to 48 hours). So if you go tomorrow afternoon, the result would come back Monday night / Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    We're on the list, but struggling with our local government clinic. Needed to have submitted it before 11:00 am. Tomorrow closed. So we'll have to pack up, get on crowded public transportation, and travel around one hour to go to an open clinic... hmm!

Anyone know, if you test positive and receive the results the next day, how quickly do they come and whisk you off? I'm signed up to be vaccinated on Tuesday... just wondering if I can time things to ensure I make that appointment. (Again, shit, shit week, want to be free to travel home at any moment now, ideally vaccinated... not trying to be uncooperative and screw society...)
    Oops, same here! We all woke up a few minutes ago (don’t judge) and I’ve just learned we need to test because of a case in the building.
    The govt website says collection points are open on Sunday morning, though? Did they said differently on the phone?
    First time for us so any insight appreciated. Thanks
    Elegiaque likes this.

Baklava and Elegiaque like this.

Highly recommend to book online in advance https://www.communitytest.gov.hk/en/ before you go to any community test centre else there will likely be long wait time (they tend to maintain different queues for those with a booking and those without). If you have pre-booked, you're typically in and out in 10 - 20 mins. I think for the mobile test vans you can't book and long queues to be expected. Testing is free if you fall under any of the mandatory testing locations.

Elegiaque and shri like this.

Yeah, we're aware of the community testing centres and the mobile ones. Just a shame.... we were there just after 11:00 at the government clinic and they refused to take it. Now I'm thinking it's better to wait so I can get that Tuesday vaccination appointment in.

What's frustrating, is none of us wanted to be in the office this week. We had to go and then look at this mess now...

Quote Originally Posted by aublumberg:
    Highly recommend to book online in advance https://www.communitytest.gov.hk/en/ before you go to any community test centre else there will likely be long wait time (they tend to maintain different queues for those with a booking and those without). If you have pre-booked, you're typically in and out in 10 - 20 mins. I think for the mobile test vans you can't book and long queues to be expected. Testing is free if you fall under any of the mandatory testing locations.
    From lower in the page, on the link you provided - seems like today is fully booked everywhere except Yuen Long - tomorrow seems to be more open.

Lai King Community Hall and Yau Ma Tei Community Center
    aublumberg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:

thought you are given until monday to test?
    aublumberg likes this.

Spent the morning trying to get a testing kit - tried 2 different MTR stations and 2 post offices and no dice. Was told to come back Monday morning by workers at Central General Post office.

Elegiaque likes this.

It turns out that, since we are on the mandatory testing list, the building has directed us to a designated testing centre. No booking, no queue. @Elegiaque did you check with your office if there is anything like that arranged?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast