Like Tree84Likes

March 13 - Mid Levels Ambush Testing in Progress

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

March 13 - Mid Levels Ambush Testing in Progress

The Government today (March 13) quoted the "Prevention and Control of Diseases (Compulsory Testing for Certain Persons) Regulations" (Chapter 599J) and issued a restriction and testing announcement (hereinafter referred to as the "relevant announcement") from 8:3 pm From 10 tenths onwards, it will be restricted in the designated "restricted areas" in the Central and Western District (i.e., Towers 1 and 2 of Yongjing Terrace, 70 Robinson Road, Central and Western District, and Phase I and Conduit Road, Yinhua Garden, 95 Robinson Road, Central and Western District The persons in the second phase of Yinhua Garden at No. 56 (see the attachment) (hereinafter referred to as the persons subject to inspection) must stay at their premises and undergo compulsory testing. The subject must wait at his premises until all the identified subjects in the area have completed the test and the relevant test results have been roughly confirmed before leaving the premises. The government's goal is to complete this operation at about 9 am tomorrow (March 14) in order to achieve the goal of "to fight the epidemic with one heart and "clear" the community".
    Hope you're not caught up in this area.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-03-13 at 8.43.24 PM.png
Views: 921
Size:  763.3 KB

Press Release in Chinese:

https://sc.isd.gov.hk/TuniS/www.info...1031300711.htm
    Baklava likes this.

I thought nobody in Geoexpat expected an ambush lockdown in midlevels. How compliant would the expat community there be compliant to the police?

I’ve visited my buddy’s place in the lockdown building - I got the impression that it’s 75% local / 25% expat. Buddy is an expat and is fully complying with police orders (he had actually gone to do testing earlier today so I guess his nose will be extra clean).

shri and traineeinvestor like this.

Might be too early for a Saturday night

MABinPengChau likes this.

We are in ambush lockdown until tomorrow morning!

The building was already under compulsory testing and we already went to get tested this morning. But now CHP decided they couldn’t wait 48-72 hrs for the results and they are going to test us again with fast results.

No big deal for us, in the end. Just glad we made it home before the start and we can sleep in our beds.
    Now watching a movie, waiting to be called for the second test of the day.

So far the boxing bankers are causing us more trouble than the dancing grannies...

As has been pointed out elsewhere, I hope they've improved the care packages this time, since - while they've been nice enough to exclude the actual synagogue building - that area includes Hong Kong's Jewish Community Centre and a bunch of community members...

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    I’ve visited my buddy’s place in the lockdown building - I got the impression that it’s 75% local / 25% expat. Buddy is an expat and is fully complying with police orders (he had actually gone to do testing earlier today so I guess his nose will be extra clean).
    Thats what most people don't get and carried away with the whole populist garbage about "oh yay.. rich people ... rich gwailos" ..

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Thats what most people don't get and carried away with the whole populist garbage about "oh yay.. rich people ... rich gwailos" ..
    True. My building is mostly local, and many of them own their flat.
    tf19 likes this.

Anyway, as I posted this morning after we got tested...

The only downside is the long waiting time for the results, up to 72 hours. I wonder how come they don’t have the instant result test they use in other countries? But I am no expert on the matter.
    It could have saved us all, police and CHP included, the trouble of this ambush lockdown.
    shri likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast