Like Tree195Likes

March 15: 30+ Year Olds Can Get Vaccinated

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Fei88:
    It's a good question.

I assume you have a residence visa. So yes you can use your passport to book for vaccination. It's totally okay.
    Thanks for replying so promptly, I'm here on an employment visa and on the booking website I'm unable to book for the vaccine without entering a HKID. Are you aware whether or not one can simply rock up to the vaccination center and get a shot if there are leftovers from people who didn't turn up, as is possible in some other countries? I'm assuming not given that it seems the booking system requires one to book both shots in advance...

Yes booking system seems to require hkid. I would suggest to find a private clinic ( many participate in vaccination drive), you should be able to get one from them.

Downside is private ones only have sinovac jab as I know due to storage issues.

Quote Originally Posted by betterisonehope:
    Thanks for replying so promptly, I'm here on an employment visa and on the booking website I'm unable to book for the vaccine without entering a HKID. Are you aware whether or not one can simply rock up to the vaccination center and get a shot if there are leftovers from people who didn't turn up, as is possible in some other countries? I'm assuming not given that it seems the booking system requires one to book both shots in advance...
    betterisonehope likes this.

Thanks very much for your advice - cheers!

They have a daily walking quota - check if this is still possible as it might be suspended.

Sorry to ask a really stupid question, but is it possible to get vaccinated without a HKID? I just arrived in HK and appointments for HKID are not available for about a month.

Check the vaccination website for any unbooked (green) slots and just walk-in with your visa and the confirmation for your HKID appointment. The community vaccination centers in Ap Lei Chau and Queen Elizabeth Stadium are both green in every single day. I would try there.
    Their system might require a HKID number though, so you might not be successful.

going during lunch time today. Hopefully I get free Microsoft stickers with the 5g!

Looks like you cannot get vaccinated without an ID card number.

Google translate of this article claims:

It has been reported that Xu Jianming, a private doctor who participated in the government's new crown vaccination plan, once provided two-way pass holders with free vaccination against Kexing's new crown. When Xu Jianming emailed to reply to inquiries, he said that the clinic has suspended providing services for those who do not have a Hong Kong ID card. Registered for vaccinations.
    In response to enquiries, the Food and Health Bureau stated that qualified persons must provide identification documents including Hong Kong ID cards when booking vaccination appointments through the online appointment system. Those who only hold Mainland permits, commonly known as two-way permits, do not meet the requirements. Eligible to vaccinate under the vaccination plan. If there are complaints that individual private doctors provide vaccines to unqualified persons, the Bureau will follow up appropriately.
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/ch/compone...abChangeable=0
    Last edited by shri; 25-03-2021 at 01:25 PM.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

just go get a HKID. you are going to need it within 30 days anyway.. once you applied and went for the appointment, they will give you a temporary with the HKID number that you can use to book your slot..

vmlinuz and hongkong7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gardabble:
    Singapore has always played catchup to Hong Kong.
    I stand correct. CNA reports Singapore started to vaccinate people 45yrs and up while HK has expanded to 30yrs and up. Shows you which country is ahead of vaccination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYlKKjQgZNQ

Quote Originally Posted by gardabble:
    I stand correct. CNA reports Singapore started to vaccinate people 45yrs and up while HK has expanded to 30yrs and up. Shows you which country is ahead of vaccination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYlKKjQgZNQ
    If that was only the case. Hong Kong will try to vaccinate anybody they can, as they have lots of vaccines (only Sinovac now...)
    Even vaccinated non-residents from across the border...

Singapore has 4x more vaccinated (per capita).

Hong Kong has stopped BioNTech and caused an own-goal with vaccine hesitancy. On par with Nepal and current vaccine rate is very slow. Asia's world city...

https://www.straitstimes.com/multime...dex.html?shell

Gibraltar 162 doses per 100
    Israel 113.9 " "
    UAE 76.9
    UK 45.9
    [...]
    US 39.0
    Singapore, 19 " "
    China 5.8 " "
    Hong Kong - 5.5" "
    Nepal 5.5
    South Korea 1.5
    Australia 1.3 (supply has been blocked by Europe)
    New Zealand 0.9
    shri, hike and AsianXpat0 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12