Like Tree197Likes

BioNTech: 210102 Batch Suspended

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

It's printed on my certificate I had it yesterday, I'm pretty sure there's no problem it is about packaging.

Q&A:

• What is the situation? Contamination? Leakage?

The vial caps were loose in some situations - might have caused leakage. During the vaccination process - at vaccine centers there are experts who will do the dilution. The vial has to be diluted 5 times and due care is taken in this process. The needle / injection etc are examined carefully.

If anything unusual is noticed - the vaccine / needle is disposed. Problematic injections are not used.

Handling of drugs follows a stringent process - transport, arrival, storage, dilution and administering the vaccine is handled by professionals and is monitored.

Manufacturer has said that there are no safety risks in this process.

Vials with loose caps have been disposed.
    All along we have a robust monitoring program. Batch 210102 - Feb 28th, 210104 - 7th of March. Cracked vials - 8 containers. 22 reports related to pressure. 16 loose caps and 11 (I think) stains.

Manufacturer was notified and BioNTech has advised there is no safety risk. However, as a precaution they have requested suspension until the investigation is complete.

BioNTech has also requested the second batch to be put on hold.

According to the risk management plan - HK investigation will focus on logistics / storage chain. BioNTech will conduct inspections on the manufacturing process / plant.
    So according to the government, there is no problem with the vaccines delivered, they have been monitoring this all the while.

Also according to the government, they complained to the manufacturer, who suggested suspending the vaccinations.

Based on what the government itself is saying, not going to remove the grist from the mill for those talking about the convenient timing. No judgement on actual or perceived safety issues from me.
    Sage and Baklava like this.

Great quote from the Expat captured on TVB news, "This is ridiculous!"

It'll be interesting to hear what BioNTech say....

What do the batch numbers relate to? The first shipment? The second shipment? Boxes within each of these shipments?

Tom007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrynField:
    What do the batch numbers relate to? The first shipment? The second shipment? Boxes within each of these shipments?
    The "batch number" seems to be the date of manufacturing. I would think every box then has another serial number and every vial within the box has another tracking number. Finally, every injection has a tracking chip with a unique RFID tag.
    Last edited by shri; 24-03-2021 at 04:11 PM.

8 loose lids on the Pfizer vaccine and we are assured the vaccine is still safe, but it gets suspended anyway.
    7 people died after getting the Sinovac shot and nothing happened. But apparently we are all conspiracy theorists.

Sage, Cheeky Kiwi, mucaari and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    8 loose lids on the Pfizer vaccine and we are assured the vaccine is still safe, but it gets suspended anyway.
    7 people died after getting the Sinovac shot and nothing happened. But apparently we are all conspiracy theorists.
    Ha ha, bloody good point.
    Tandy likes this.

Yes you are. I remember you strongly arguing that 2.7 million people hadn't really died from.covid19 just died after testing positive. But now 7 people died after receiving sinovac and it was definitely the vaccine that killed them.
    Beuze, TheBrit and spode like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Yes you are. I remember you strongly arguing that 2.7 million people hadn't really died from.covid19 just died after testing positive. But now 7 people died after receiving sinovac and it was definitely the vaccine that killed them.
    If everyone who died after testing positive died of COVID then obviously everyone who died after receiving the vaccine died of the vaccine. Can't have it both ways.
    Sage likes this.

If everyone who died after testing positive died of COVID then obviously everyone who died after receiving the vaccine died of the vaccine. Can't have it both ways.
    That is not logical.

If the data shows the vast majority of people who died after testing positive for covid19 died of covid19 and this is supported by excess deaths and the experts who say the number of deaths is can understatement, then I believe that.

If the data and the experts agree there is no connection between the vaccine and the deaths (of any of the vaccines) then I believe that.

You can live in your own world.

Is anyone honestly surprised? Have we all forgotten how fast those logistic company vans swerve in and out their lanes on the airport highway?

Jokes aside, I think most are overreacting a little. The government were right to err on the side of caution. It's an unfortunate case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9