Like Tree20Likes
  • 2 Post By Eva C
  • 1 Post By Sage
  • 2 Post By vmlinuz
  • 1 Post By Elegiaque
  • 1 Post By Cornmeal

1 dose BioNTech 99% effective

Closed Thread

or rather, 99% of you will be strongly covered. But still get that second dose.

hullexile and Mrs. Jones like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Still can't find any studies for protection rates for people with comprimised immune systems.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Still can't find any studies for protection rates for people with comprimised immune systems.
    Will you ever?

How compromised? The science suggests it's a bit like suncream, it magnifies your natural level of protection.

I can imagine that the only failures we've ever seen thus far are amongst people with a slower to respond/weaker than average immune system.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

It's not comforting news for us living in a place with nearly zero cases.

The vaccine for us in Hong Kong was about the possible freedom it could afford from quarantine. It was about having a record.

Without a second dose,it's practically useless to me,because what government,especially ours,will recognize it?

Without a piece of paper that correlates to official dialogue, one dose is useless.

jonastainine likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Not ours.

Ours won't even open the fucking beaches. It's beyond imagination they would relax quarantine measures for a failed vaccination.

Original Post Deleted
    I am not sure the study shows one dose is enough.

I always thought part of the point of the booster wasn't just to increase the effectiveness, but also the longevity of the protection?

HK_Katherine and hullexile like this.

It's worth pointing out that the link is not about effectiveness (performance in real world) nor efficacy (clinical performance) rather 99% of this sample showed good immune response.

Still good news but with all the misleading info and false statements posted on here (i.e. "untested") need be clear on these details.

Drunken Master likes this.