Like Tree11Likes

Social Relaxation Predictions

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by bbchris:
    No that is not true. You can't 'just' apply to be a catering establishment and get it. Your establishment's kitchen has to be at least 20% of total square footage and have an exhaust system. Some bars, after months of being closed, don't have the money to renovate and install these systems. Some establishments that seem to be doing what you say, were lucky enough to have a light refreshment license that permits this. it's been especially tough for the live music bars in Hong Kong.
    it may not be ‘true’’ but there is at least one open bar in Wan Chai operating under a restaurant license that doesn’t even have its own kitchen. You can order bar food that is cooked next door. Actually I’ve just realised there’s another one open in a similar vein

Not forgetting QV and Taboo who are pumping out music behind closed curtains with doormen. Yea I know you can get food in both!

Also Players II has now opened (site of HK cafe) also pumping out the bass. Nepalese doormen gave the game away, it is largely the new Escape. I’ve not been down there.

What i appear to have missed, presumably while gallivanting in UK, Dubai and quarantine is the closure of Typhoon. Anyone got the back story and was all the slogan daubing inside and out before or after closure.
    chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    it may not be ‘true’’ but there is at least one open bar in Wan Chai operating under a restaurant license that doesn’t even have its own kitchen. You can order bar food that is cooked next door. Actually I’ve just realised there’s another one open in a similar vein

Not forgetting QV and Taboo who are pumping out music behind closed curtains with doormen. Yea I know you can get food in both!

Also Players II has now opened (site of HK cafe) also pumping out the bass. Nepalese doormen gave the game away, it is largely the new Escape. I’ve not been down there.

What i appear to have missed, presumably while gallivanting in UK, Dubai and quarantine is the closure of Typhoon. Anyone got the back story and was all the slogan daubing inside and out before or after closure.
    There are quite a few of those that don’t have a kitchen but are allowed to be open. Those are mostly the ones that have a light refreshment license. This doesn’t necessarily mean that they do serve food but they are allowed to and thus allowed to be open.
    Some indeed choose to serve food made by neighbouring “restaurants”.

Regarding Typhoon; I understood that the Igor group closed many (if not most) of their bars in the last 2 years.
    ByeByeEngland likes this.