Like Tree26Likes

BioNTech Vaccines - "Made In China"?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BioNTech Vaccines - "Made In China"?

Does anyone know if this new batch is made in Germany or by Fusen? I had heard that only the first batch or two would be German made, but I’m not sure where I read this now

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy:
    Does anyone know if this new batch is made in Germany or by Fusen? I had heard that only the first batch or two would be German made, but I’m not sure where I read this now
    Germany. Or they're manufacturing them in China, shipping them to Germany and then putting them on a flight to Hong Kong.

But then some old uncles on Whatsapp seem to disagree.
    mrgoodkat, Plutark, Tandy and 3 others like this.

There’s no manufacturing plant in operation in China yet.
    Tandy and Bartholomeuw like this.

That's what they want you to believe

They had a nice report in a German newspaper this week, showing how a former Novartis facility is currently turned into the largest mRNA-producer in the world. Funny enough, a week's worth of output - enough to vaccinate all of HK - basically fits into the trunk of an average Sedan. Printer ink is a commodity by comparison.

What seems to be the issue with orgin of manufacture?

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    They had a nice report in a German newspaper this week, showing how a former Novartis facility is currently turned into the largest mRNA-producer in the world. Funny enough, a week's worth of output - enough to vaccinate all of HK - basically fits into the trunk of an average Sedan. Printer ink is a commodity by comparison.
    But a delivery of 600,000 vaccines I saw filled a whole plane. But then they always over package everything.

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    What seems to be the issue with orgin of manufacture?
    Probably nothing, a friend asked me about it the other day and the question seemed to fit in the thread. I find origin of manufacturing less important than where the product is being sold. Sounds like all of that is a none issue here anyway

Original Post Deleted
    The funny thing was just last week the news reported that a doctor was caught administering Sinovac to mainlanders who do not have HKID.

It is made over there and yet their citizens come over here to get a shot.
    GentleGeorge and jimbo_jones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    The funny thing was just last week the news reported that a doctor was caught administering Sinovac to mainlanders who do not have HKID.

It is made over there and yet their citizens come over here to get a shot.
    Honestly that seems like a status thing. I popped over to HK, got a designer bag and a vaccine.

Or else they’re just very stupid.
    ren32 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast