Like Tree608Likes

Vaccine First and Second Doses - First hand experiences

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    Terribly sad news. However, for the sake of clarity, this death was caused by an aneurysm and there is no evidence that it was linked to the vaccine.
    You and I both understand that as that is what is written but unfortunately, these kinds of death news spreads fast in the helpers world as she died because of having vaccine which causes some helpers to be afraid and not get vaccinated.

Another one in a coma and thats double bad news spreading in the helpers network. Hope the coma one recovers.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    You and I both understand that as that is what is written but unfortunately, these kinds of death news spreads fast in the helpers world as she died because of having vaccine which causes some helpers to be afraid and not get vaccinated.

Another one in a coma and thats double bad news spreading in the helpers network. Hope the coma one recovers.
    I know, it's really unhelpful. There is a sizeable portion of people in HK who think there have been multiple deaths due to Covid vaccination in HK, when to my knowledge so far there have been none. I was just pointing it out in case any vaccine hesitant people reading this thread didn't actually click through to read the article you shared. :-)

Many of the helpers in my circle want the vax if only to travel back home to see family when circumstances allow. Some of these are being prevented from having the jab by their employers (but those I know have had it).

Got my first this afternoon in Kwun Tong.

Got my first jab exactly 24 hours ago in Lai Chi Kok Park - turned up early, no queue, was in and out so quickly that my official release time was 1 minute after my original appointment time...

Absolutely zero noticeable side-effects so far. Slightly worried I was given a placebo by accident. 5*, excellent service, would go again (in exactly 3 weeks).

Jillypots and blueagles like this.

Had both jabs now with pretty much the same side effects. Sore arm and feeling a bit off/tired the next day - fully back to normal 48 hours later. No need for pills and no fever or chills. 1st jab symptons were worse for me, but in the grand scheme of things no big deal at all.

Nice to see a long queue at Kwun Tong for the first session after lunch. 99 per cent local plus me and a helper !

Beanieskis and rainylin like this.

Wow - didn’t feel a thing. Exceptionally efficient process start to finish and a very pleasant woman administering the jab well done Kwun Tong- now in resting area. No doubt side effects to come but who gives a hoot about that. The girl that is with me was very brave and delighted she’s completed her second.

vmlinuz, blueagles and Jillypots like this.

And for the morning after, mildly lethargic but with no other symptoms. If I raise my left arm I get a very dull ache. Dull enough to register no more than 2/10 on any discomfort scale. No doubt won't be so lucky with the second one.

Colleague will be having the first jab at the Community Vaccination Centre, Queen Elizabeth Stadium. Any first hand experience here on Geo? Sorry as I didn’t scan through the whole thread. Thanks in advance

Just had my second jab in Tung Chung. Quieter than last time when there was a queue and every seat taken. Wonder if that boost was due to the TC tower being sent to Penny Bay. 4 of 5 booths in use today and about half the seats taken.

Mainly Filipinas here today (two thirds), the rest Chinese and one other white person.

Lovely nurse called Claudia who was very thorough. When I answered yes to the pregnancy question but said I’d discussed with my doctor, she said that’s fine, there were papers suggesting it was safe and no contra-indications, they just want to make sure it’s an informed decision. This message seems to be quite inconsistent- I have pregnant friends who’ve been sent away to get a written letter from their doctor, and others who were told by the nurse they were crazy for taking the risk.

After the jab Claudia thanked me for being a good citizen.

vmlinuz, Cornmeal and Andy SNK like this.